Search Unity

depreciated component causes game to crash when assetbundle is loaded (2019.3.0f6)??

Discussion in 'Asset Bundles' started by CloudyVR, Jan 30, 2020.

1. CloudyVR

CloudyVR

I just upgraded to Unity 2019.3.0f6 from 2019.2.4f1.

Now when I load a scene from an assetbundle my build game crashes (the editor works fine).

I have narrowed it down to two components that are included in the assetbundles:
    • GUI Layer (Deprecated)
    • GUI Text (Deprecated)
    Those components were added to the assebundles when using the previous version of Unity. But I can not modify some of my assetbundles because they came from another project. I am now stuck with assetbundles containing those depreciated components and a crashing game.

I do not even use those components, they are actually disabled too. However if they are included in the assetbundle (in any way) then Unity 2019.3.0f6 builds crashes, why can't they just ignore it??

How do I make Unity ignore them? Or somehow remove them just after loading?

This has me completely stuck and I can not roll back my project, so everything is currently broken. And there is no "GUILAyer" or GUIText" components even listed in Unity 2019.3.0f6 because they were removed. So I can't even try attempt to Destroy them, it's just like nothing is working..