Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[DEPRECATED] UnityCar 2.2 Pro. The most complete and accurate vehicle sim on Unity3D

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by newlife, May 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SolarGamesDev

SolarGamesDev

Great!

We have sent two emails and have yet to hear a response. We will send another email.

2. newlife

newlife

Hello,
    I just sent you an email.

3. rusturch1

rusturch1

Hello
    For several days I can not go to the unity car wiki. Could you throw me offline wiki? My mail robintucker.help@gmail.com
    Thank you

4. JuhaFH

JuhaFH

Same prob here. Just send mail to You. Cant create account.

5. newlife

newlife

Im sorry, but my web hosting company made some mess with my DB, so now there is now wiki anymore. They promised to put a recent back up soon.
    Sorry for any inconvenience.

6. enhawk

enhawk

really really need access to the wiki - it's the only place that accurately describes the variables in the classes! (I'm trying to edit suspension, blindly fumbling without the docs)

Do you have some kind of offline documentation we can access? A zip on dropbox or something would be fine!

7. enhawk

enhawk

I have some questions that others here might be able to answer or newlife might be able to answer officially:

1. skidmarks are not implemented if there is no car manager. Is there a way to get skidmarks without a carmanager object?
    2. camera groups (such as Oculus) can't be assigned as MainCamera in car manager. Is there a way around this?
    3. cars can't be set to External if theres no car manager, they always revert to Axis (which means my main input controls all cars) Is there a way around this?
    4. How do I activate 3d tyres? ;)
    Thanks!

8. newlife

newlife

Im really sorry, but i dont have an offline version of the wiki. I requested once again my web hosting service to speed up the backcup process.

9. newlife

newlife

Hello hawken, I'll reply you privately via email.

10. rusturch1

rusturch1

11. newlife

newlife

Hello Robin,
    thank you for your help. The problem is that the old version taken with wayback machine is very old (2011) and it refers to a very old version of UnityCar (1.2). So I think that it can lead to confusion more than help people. Let me know what you all think.

12. newlife

newlife

13. rusturch1

rusturch1

Thanks. Just need something at least some information because the work does not move(

14. newlife

newlife

Cant understand what you mean.

15. rusturch1

rusturch1

I'm sorry. My English skills are not great. I mean. Without any information , I can not continue to work.

16. newlife

newlife

17. anatolyV

anatolyV

I want to buy this asset but the lack of documentation and the problems people are having with mobile are putting me off. When will you restore the wiki? Because as far as I can tell there is no other documentation and that really sucks for a big expensive asset like this..

18. Marek_Bakalarczuk

Marek_Bakalarczuk

Hi Michele, need some info how to enable 3d tire

19. Loganmaire

Loganmaire

Hi Michele,

Any further ideas about the camber problem we've discussed earlier?

If I set camber in suspension/axle settings to anything over 0 the wheels fall through any surface that is at an angle. I have ramps in my game and the wheels fall through the ramps if camber is above 0.

Camber is applied in the editor on the axles component not the wheel objects.

Thanks in advance,

Logan

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  20. newlife

newlife

hello, i just replied you via email.

21. Marek_Bakalarczuk

Marek_Bakalarczuk

Yeah! Thanks. Working. Now my trucks has realistic wheels :D

22. Sondre-S

Sondre-S

I dunno if this has been discussed before so please, forgive me if that's the case. I can't find a way to make the car move smoothly over a banked curve/slope. I've tried everything, starting to get a lil frustrating. Here's a thread about the exact same issue:
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-108598.html

Anyone got the same problem?

23. newlife

newlife

I understand your concern, but my web hosting company is behaving scandalously. They are telling me that they re working on the back up since more than a week. Im very sorry for that, but i cant I can't help it. I just wrote them that if they dont tell me a precise date for the back up to be online, i will take legal action against them (but its a shared web hosting company, so i dont know if it can be useful, although im using the pricey top plan). The name of this web hosting company is downtown host, so stay away from them.

24. newlife

newlife

Can you please make a quick video showing the problem?

25. Sondre-S

Sondre-S

Thanks for the quick reply. I could but, it will take a while. I'm having some issues with my youtube account right now and I dont have a screen recording program installed. However, I get the same issue with the Unitycar prefab cars on the Tutorial Track. It's only noticeable if you have the camera inside the car, but then it's very annoying, the car bounces up and down when driving over the polygons in the turn .
    I'm using version 2.1. Btw I guess this is a common issue, I've even seen this issue in NFS: Carbon on the steep and banked canyon roads, although it was barely noticeable.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  26. Loganmaire

Loganmaire

Sondre.S do you have camber on your wheels? Sounds like the same problem I'm having. The car "bounces" down slopes especially in reverse.

27. Sondre-S

Sondre-S

Nice game and nice Supra you got there! No, I dont have any neative camber on any of the cars. The bouncing is not as noticeable as in your video, but in your game its the wheels that is "tilted" because of the camber, but in my case its the road that is tilted due to the banking... I dunno if these issues are related...

If you wanna see what I mean, play the tutorial track scene that comes with UnityCar and choose the cockpit view, you'll notice that the car is bouncing especially in the first turns right after start. I think maybe the problem is the way the track is made and not UnityCar.

however I kinda fixed it by removing the banking on the curves and adding more poly to the road width, making it 4 polys wide instead of just one polygon.

This is the road with the bouncing problem: CurveWithBanking.jpg
    Same issue here on the Unity Tutorial track:
    TutorialTrack.jpg

And this is the one has no banking and works fine:
    Curve4PolysNoBanking.jpg

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
    Loganmaire likes this.
  28. newlife

newlife

Loganmaire this is very strange, i made the same test with UnityCar 2.2 using the R34 but it doesnt seem to have this issue. Can you please test it with the original R34 included in the package and check if the issue is still present?

29. tmalbran

tmalbran

Hi newlife, I've been trying to contact you, because I want to buy your package, but didn't get any answer.

30. newlife

newlife

Hello,how did you contact me? i didnt receive any email from you.

31. enhawk

enhawk

Would be handy, this plugin currently has no docs! The wayback files are a bit old.
    If the wiki is up but totally empty, sounds like the SQL file has been deleted or moved. Will they restore the database or will you have to write the wiki again?

32. thedreamer

thedreamer

Is there any news about the new version?

33. newlife

newlife

Im really sorry for the situation, but i didnt receive any news from my web hosting company. I have searched online if its possible to sue them, but it seems that shared web hosting have in their "terms and conditions" that any data loss is not their responsibility. I wrote them for the last time, complaining for the scandalous support (they actually told me lies about a backup restore in progress).
    If they are not going to restore the backup, i'll have to rewrite the wiki from scratch.

34. StarHunter32

StarHunter32

I think when you release the new version of the package with the new tire model and other features there will be a lot of people to help you in the process of restoring the wiki.

35. Loganmaire

Loganmaire

Thanks for the support newlife!

I'm a doofus! I was running 2.1 scripts, 2.2 fixed the issue.

L

36. simcovr

simcovr

Hi! Maybe you can try to make a backup from the archived page:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Backing_up_a_wiki

37. Sondre-S

Sondre-S

newlife, you are saying R34, are you refering to my baked curve issue or Loganmaire's camber isssue?
    Anyway, did you see the baking issue on the tutorial track, that I mentioned? You need to use the interior camera to see the shaking.

38. enhawk

enhawk

Can you please get the documentation for this plugin back up on line?
    This plugin is $100+ and there are no docs for how to use it.

Please reply to the support request we put in 2 weeks ago.

isacan and cl9-2 like this.
  39. newlife

newlife

hawken as i wrote several times, the wiki pages are not up to date due to a hdd failure of my web hosting company (downtownhost). I dont have any role in this, Im the injured party in this case.
    For your info, have a look to the relative webhostingtalk thread (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=9327510).
    I replied to your emails, im sorry if i forgot some of them, but this is a rush period for us.
    Im going to reply to your previous email.
    Anyway, if you need fast support, please contact me via skype, so we can talk in realtime.

40. cl9-2

cl9-2

Hi hawken,

I've found a copy of the UnityCar wiki at archive.org.

It dates to 2012, but I don't think the author has updated the Wiki since then.

Hopefully now the author will stop delaying re-writing the Wiki? And perhaps provide information to his paying customers about UnityCar 2.3 which has been delayed for at least a year?

Good luck.

41. newlife

newlife

Thank you for your help, but that link is older than the one i posted some days ago (http://web.archive.org/web/20130527...nitycar/wiki/index.php?title=UnityCarPro:Main) and it refers to an old version of UnityCar.
    Meanwhile this restore issue is fixed please refer to this link for UnityCar wiki page:

http://web.archive.org/web/20130527...nitycar/wiki/index.php?title=UnityCarPro:Main

42. cl9-2

cl9-2

If you already have a copy of this Wiki, then what is your delay for not transferring the contents to your own page and updating it? There are other free wiki sites. I understand if you want to delay Unity Car 2.3 and Enterprise for an additional year for your paying customers, but delaying a Wiki and instead directing them to an outdated version while you do nothing about a new version, is not acceptable.

43. jamsucka82

jamsucka82

Does anyone know a way to have touch controls for steering? mobileCarControl script has it for the accelerate and break part but it be great to have the option to steer with touch input. I am not a big fan of accelerometer

Thanks

44. ZO5KmUG6R

ZO5KmUG6R

Most wikis are done database-side with few files to run the wiki itself. He cannot just "Transfer the contents" since the database is now gone.

@newlife, You should look into bluehost , I admin a site hosted on them and haven't had a single hosting issue whatsoever. The old admin said the same thing and the site has been up for 8 years now. :)

45. cl9-2

cl9-2

You'll have to write your own mobile touch steering / steering wheel. This is one example you can work from, but it uses the legacy GUI.

That's not at all what I'm referring to. I'm refuting his earlier claim that he has to somehow "start all over" with re-writing the wiki's actual text content.

46. ZO5KmUG6R

ZO5KmUG6R

The actual text content is held in a database. The database is gone. Therefore he cannot transfer the contents.

47. cl9-2

cl9-2

The text (HTML presentation of the wiki) is archived at archive.org.

48. newlife

newlife

As stated by aaro4130, the wiki DB is broken, for this reason now you see a wiki with a blank page even if the source is present. So its not possible to update it, but only remake it from scratch.

49. ZO5KmUG6R

ZO5KmUG6R

Ah @cl.9 I wasn't keeping in mind the web archive. From that the wiki could be remade easier but the formatting would still need to be hand done :c

50. edcc

edcc

I liked unitycar, so I backed up its wiki, it should be up to date, its description "This page was last modified on 10 October 2013, at 17:37." I make it into a pdf, but I can not Upload it displays the file is too large forum, although it appears in the my Computer 3.33M. So if anyone required to email me.

Attached Files:

enhawk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.