Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[DEPRECATED] Google Admob plugin for Unity ad is not clickable

Discussion in 'Android' started by DMTSource, Aug 10, 2013.

1. DMTSource

DMTSource

This thread is referring to a deprecated version of the Admob SDK which will prevent you from publishing to Google Play starting August 1, 2014. Please upgrade to a third party plugin of your choice, like this one or the free Google one, which uses the Google Play Services SDK which now incorporates the new Admob SDK.

Note seen on AdmobDashboard prior to deprecation:
    Have you upgraded your SDK?
    On Aug. 1 2014, Google Play will stop accepting new or updated apps using the standalone Google Mobile Ads SDKs v6.4.1 or lower. Upgrade to the Google Play version of the Mobile Ads SDK to take advantage of new features, including automatic updates such as bug fixes.

-----------------------------------

Are you using Admob to monetize your Unity powered Android app and having click ability issues? There is a common problem with the setup of the Android manifest which prevents the adview to be unclickable. If your google admob plugin for unity is not clicking or clickable, then follow this quick fix to fix your manifest.

Note:
    There are two sides to this problem sometimes, pre Unity 4.3 users may have fixed this already by adding the ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik to the manifest. However, post 4.3, it is now important which of the activities you add this command for it to work.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
    ritesh_khokhani likes this.
  2. jvil

jvil

Add or modify this tag on Android Manifest:

Code (csharp):
    1. <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik" android:value="true" />

3. DMTSource

DMTSource

Thank you that did the trick. I was not familiar with this tag and it was set to FALSE by default. Really really appreciate it!

4. metiscoda

metiscoda

This seems to be broken again in 4.3.0 - the native events dont seem to be forwarded to Dalvik even if the above tag is set to true. It was working in 4.2.x.

5. DMTSource

DMTSource

HERE IS THE FIX
    I just had this problem again after the 4.3 update and fixed it. I had to edit the manifest and change which Activity the ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik was called from due to a change in Unity 4.3.

Move the line:
    <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik" android:value="true" />

To the activity UnityPlayerProxyActivity. Aka right before the line with </Activity> like this:

Code (csharp):
    1. <activity android:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerProxyActivity" android:launchMode="singleTask" android:label="@string/app_name" android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touchscreen" android:screenOrientation="landscape">
    2.       <intent-filter>
    3.         <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
    4.         <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
    5.       </intent-filter>
    6.     <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik" android:value="true" />
    7.     </activity>
    This fixed the problem for me right away. It seems in 4.3 they rearranged some of the players activities. Was a pain to loose a few days of ad rev.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
    Mauro183 likes this.
  6. vARDAmir

vARDAmir

i lost 4 days... but this fix is really works. thank you =)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  7. Itstame

Itstame

Moving the ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik line to the UnityPlayerProxyActivity activity block fixed it for me, as well. However, I'm not using his package. It was a general issue with admob's manifest.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  8. alsharefeeee

alsharefeeee

thank you very much.

9. kenlem

kenlem

Thanks DMTSource! I just ran into this it's working now with your fix.

10. ABEMOS

ABEMOS

I have a quick question:
    I tried changing my AdMob unit ID and pit one that is made up (just added random numbers to see), and ads still showed in the game!!! is that normal?
    Thank you.

11. DMTSource

DMTSource

ABEMOS, I would guess that the point of the AdMob unit ID may be tracking? So it could be showing ads for free and not tracking/associating them with any account. You could confirm something like this in the Admob dashboard, where no new impressions should be coming in(Reporting is not realtime and you will have to wait to see the results.).

12. Mauro183

Mauro183

Thank you thank you thaank youuuu!!!

13. ovidiubuligan

ovidiubuligan

Also tried this plugin ,works great , but when trying to hide the add(with AdMobPlugin.HideBannerView();)it doesn't do anything . Has anyone experienced this problem ?

14. ovidiubuligan

ovidiubuligan

My mistake , it was a bug in my code ,it kept creating new AdViews every time the add should show

15. MOSTY

MOSTY

Thank you for this thread. Very helpful!

16. Xitech_

Xitech_

You're a life saver. Thanks dude :)

17. xxandrejxx

xxandrejxx

thx a lot :)

18. regy42

regy42

What version of Unity you used? This fix works for me in 4.3.1 (I am not sure about third number) and today I updated to 4.3.3. and it looks that ad is broken again. Thanks for your answers ang GL with Ad implementation!

EDIT:
    I downgraded from 4.3.3. to 4.3.1 where this fix work!
    Its quite strange. I lost hundreds of dollars due to my last update :-(

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  19. sunny8751

sunny8751

Hi, i did your fix but it isn't working for me and I can't click on the ads :(. I have

<activity android:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerProxyActivity" android:label="@string/app_name" android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touchscreen">
    <intent-filter>
    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
    <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
    </intent-filter>
    <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik" android:value="true" />
    </activity>

I am using unity 4.3.4f1.

UPDATE: nvm. got it. I just had to change it back to what it was originally and it worked. Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  20. AhmadMujtaba

AhmadMujtaba

Thanks A lot. I wasted my whole day checking for the possible errors. That line you mentioned works for me. I added to the activity which I was using for my game ( I was using a plugin).

21. mrKaizen

mrKaizen

Unity 4.3.4f1 > the fix works ;)

TKS ^_^

22. Hatredalper

Hatredalper

Hi guys. I am using Unity 4.3.4f1 and created a small game for and Android. Its on Google Play now but I cant add any adv.

I import admob plugin but adv never show up. I would be gratefull if you can help me which plugin is working for admob for Unity 4.3.4f1.

In my plugin there is no readme file but it has a .jar file GoogleAdMobAdsSdk-6.3.0.jar

I dont know if this is latest or i am doing something wrong but banner never showing up.

By the way -> (I copy my admob number to the inspector menu).

23. Destroypattern

Destroypattern

Thanks for this. This fix worked for me.
    The line needs to be in the right place, contrary to instructional material.

24. msakkuzu

msakkuzu

Saved my time, thank you. Unity 4.3.4f1

25. Crichton333

Crichton333

Ok, I tried Unity from 4.3 to 4.5.1 and tried putting Dalvik under Proxy and also every other combinations possible in the Android.xml and Admob is still not clickable. Seriously whats up with this. Can someone post the entire Android.xml that actually works.

26. BlackPanda

BlackPanda

Thanks DMTSource! This was a big help. I want to add a correction. The meta data should be added to the MAIN ACTIVITY in the manifest. It may not always be UnityPlayerNativeActivity or UnityPlayerProxyActivity.

Cheers. :)

27. Crichton333

Crichton333

There is no MAIN ACTIVITY in the Android manifest, there is a only MAIN action <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />

28. BlackPanda

BlackPanda

Thanks. Happy you got the point.

29. m-y

m-y

is there any tutorial how to add admob plugin into unity please ? !

30. BlackPanda

BlackPanda

31. subrata

subrata

thnx..it worked

32. DMTSource

DMTSource

Hey everyone, just wanted to update this old thread. The old Admob SDK(prior to 6.4) is being deprecated this August. That means that using this old Admob plugin which does NOT use the Google Play Services SDK which now includes the updated Admob SDK. This mean if you are using the old Admob SDK your apps will not be publishable on Google Play starting August 1, 2014.

Admob/Google announced this a while backand I have been using the Google Mobile Ads SDK by Stan's Assets, but Google is also working on an official version. Regardless of your solution I suggest immediately publishing updates using the new SDK. This will improve your ad quality and appearance, give access to new special types of TrueView ads coming later this year.

Official note from Admob, visible now in you Dashboard:
    Have you upgraded your SDK?
    On Aug. 1 2014, Google Play will stop accepting new or updated apps using the standalone Google Mobile Ads SDKs v6.4.1 or lower. Upgrade to the Google Play version of the Mobile Ads SDK to take advantage of new features, including automatic updates such as bug fixes.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  33. BlackLotos

BlackLotos

Hi, everyone. sorry for my english. As I understand, now admob plugin dont't work. Is it true? i can't understand - how to install Google Play Services in Unity and what need to do to make admob plugin work with it. So, can you tell me all steps to fix the problem with admob plugin?

34. psyydack

psyydack

@BlackLotos here's a video:

or if you want to try for yourself https://github.com/googleads/googleads-mobile-plugins
    It's an easy implementation. =)

For fix click, don't forget to update ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik to true.
    Working here. Unity 4.6.0b17 .

Here my entire NativePlayer Activity in AndroidManifest.xml

Code (CSharp):
    1. <activity android:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerNativeActivity" android:label="@string/app_name">
    2.       <intent-filter>
    3.         <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
    4.         <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
    5.       </intent-filter>
    6.       <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.UnityActivity" android:value="true" />
    7.       <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik" android:value="true" />
    8.     </activity>

35. maria-dev

maria-dev

Ads are not showing but in admob dashboard its showing 12 ad request .
    help me

36. nithu

nithu

place the below two meta-data

Code (CSharp):
    1. <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.UnityActivity" android:value="true" />
    2.       <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik" android:value="true" />
    where the "Launcher" activity using.

37. sush333

sush333

it's not working for me even if i set it to true;

here-

<activity android:label="@String/app_name" android:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerNativeActivity" android:screenOrientation="sensorLandscape" android:launchMode="singleTask" android:configChanges="mcc|mnc|locale|touchscreen|keyboard|keyboardHidden|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|uiMode|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|fontScale"> <intent-filter> <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" /> <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" /> <category android:name="android.intent.category.LEANBACK_LAUNCHER" /> </intent-filter> <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.UnityActivity" android:value="true" /> <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik" android:value="true" /> </activity>

ADS are clicking but not opening.

38. HelloFrance

HelloFrance

Help, I can't modify false in a true.

I build my project and true became false !

Can you help me please ?

39. sush333

sush333

how is that possible france? it can not become false automatically after saving and building.

40. HelloFrance

HelloFrance

I found the solution. I had changed the AndroidManifest here :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\androidplayer

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
    BMRG14 likes this.
  41. Vijay-Kumar-R

Vijay-Kumar-R

HelloFrance,

I had the same problem, Temp/StagingArea/AndroidManifest.xml was getting overwritten with false.
    After updating the value to true in androidplayer\AndroiManifest.xml, its working.

Thanks

42. RigbySug

RigbySug

I changed my AndroidManifest.xml file but still problem is working how can i fix this problem i can't click Banner Ads

Code (CSharp):
    1. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    2. <!--
    3. This Google Mobile Ads plugin library manifest will get merged with your
    4. application's manifest, adding the necessary activity and permissions
    5. required for displaying ads.
    6. -->
    7. <manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
    8.    package="com.google.unity"
    9.    android:versionName="1.0"
    10.    android:versionCode="1">
    11.  <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="9"
    12.      android:targetSdkVersion="19" />
    13.  <!-- Google Mobile Ads Permissions -->
    14.  <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>
    15.  <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE"/>
    16.  <!-- Uncomment to add billing for in-app purchase ads -->
    17.  <uses-permission android:name="com.android.vending.BILLING"/>
    18.  <application>
    19.    <!-- Denote the referenced Google Play services version -->
    20.    <meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.version"
    21.        android:value="@integer/google_play_services_version" />
    22.    <!-- Google Mobile Ads Activity -->
    23.            <activity android:name="com.google.android.gms.ads.AdActivity"
    24.        android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|uiMode|screenSize|smallestScreenSize"/>
    25.    <!-- InAppPurchase Activity -->
    26.    <activity android:name="com.google.android.gms.ads.purchase.InAppPurchaseActivity"
    27.        android:theme="@style/Theme.IAPTheme"/>
    28.        <!-- Click Activity -->
    29.    <activity android:name="com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerProxyActivity" android:launchMode="singleTask" android:label="@string/app_name" android:configChanges="fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|locale|mnc|mcc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|uiMode|touchscreen" android:screenOrientation="landscape">
    30.      <intent-filter>
    31.        <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
    32.        <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
    33.      </intent-filter>
    34.    <meta-data android:name="unityplayer.ForwardNativeEventsToDalvik" android:value="true" />
    35.    </activity>
    36. </application>
    37. </manifest>

43. bigjobs

bigjobs

try https://github.com/unity-plugins/Unity-Admob ,all is automatic ,not need change main activity

44. herbou

herbou

Here is a video tutorial shows the right way to implement Native Ads Admob in unity .100% working

45. m1t3sh

m1t3sh

I have the Same Problem my native ad is shown but the ad click is not working plz help