Search Unity

[DEPRECATED] Anima2D - Advanced 2D Skeletal Animation Plugin

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sergi_mandarina, Nov 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimpleClick

SimpleClick

Hi, is it possible to use/convert or migrate a spine project to anima2d.
    I have some nice assets that are animated with spine, but I want add some additional animations.

2. Cascho01

Cascho01

Looks very intuitive, I wish there´s a 3D-solution like this, too.

3. JellyBay

JellyBay

Hey sacb0y, I didn't see where you got a reply, and I just had to troubleshoot this one myself. On the Spring Manager, click the stiffness and drag curves and add a curve value to both. The script isn't correctly accounting for empty values there, and/or defaults are not being set.

You'll also get an index error if you Play without dragging spring bones into the manager array. And I also had to check "is use each bone force" on each to get the behavior I wanted after that.

You could edit the script to account for empty arrays/values, too. Hope they fix the script, or make a more official one without those issues in a future release. If not, I may get in there and tweak it.

Hope this helps (although several months late).

vladimir1407, Th0re and Dsiak like this.
  4. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

Hi, please apply this files and tell me if still happens: https://www.dropbox.com/s/70w9p8d0aj936fd/anima2d_patch_01.unitypackage?dl=0
    Make sure you fix your animation curves. I detected a problem that prevented AnimationFixer to work. This patch should fix it. AnimationFixer is the one that should fix the curves and remove the angle jumps while editing.

In this case loading a pose will set the angles you stored. I been able to reproduce using your assets. It is a bit tricky to solve, but I will try.

5. MerovingL

MerovingL

Hi Sergi_Valls! Thank you very much! I am testing the patch!

6. iRYO400

iRYO400

Hi there! Mby my question not related to Anima2D, but I try...
    Can anyone tell me, how to make slasher-game-style animation for weapons?

12335361587107349387.gif

7. MerovingL

MerovingL

Hi Sergi_Valls! I made some tests.
    At the first launch of project with the patch all was fine, and it worked, "Windows\Anima2D\Baking animation" was enabled.
    All next launches problem had come back. I did not used pose manager at all. "Windows\Anima2D\Baking animation" - disabled.

"Windows\Anima2D\Baking animation" - disabled.
    upload_2018-3-11_13-21-10.png

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  8. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pm11e51okjk4vby/anima2d_patch_02.unitypackage?dl=0
    This second patch should fix the "load pose loops" and the "ik orient child loops".

I could not reproduce the disabled baking issue. Bake animation should enable if animation window has been found, it has a clip to edit and an object to animate.

9. 1ht1baron

1ht1baron

Hello everyone, i want to make an animation arm of my character with anima2d IKs. Shoulders of arms have armRotation script (has LateUpdate). It rotates with mouse. When the IK animation of hand plays, shoulders are rotating. But there is a problem. Animation does not works at shoulders. It works only on hands. Please help.

10. 1ht1baron

1ht1baron

Also, is there any difference in performance between spritemesh and sprite renderer? We can use sprite renderer on bones by adding it to new object.

11. MerovingL

MerovingL

upload_2018-3-14_19-37-9.png
    Hi Sergi_Valls, more bugs then were =( Angles zeroing out, 360 rotation...

12. Keppi

Keppi

Greetings,

We're having some issues with our dog character's legs with Anima 2d. His feet and legs are rigged up with 2 IK Leg objects to make the three-jointed legs, and they appear correctly in the preview/work area (animations cycle correctly and everything looks fine), but get botched when you press "play". Everything works normally, only three of his four feet are pointed in the wrong direction. Could anyone point us towards the right direction in solving this? We're scratching our heads as to why it happens for every leg apart from one. I looked through the Anima 2d tutorials and some of them (the one with the t-rex) looked like three-jointed legs should be possible. Any thoughts?

The IK's for the legs are all IK Limb 2D's with their weight set to 1 (seems to be the default since I didn't change it manually, and it also seems to be the slider's maximum value since you can't go above 1) The lower IK's are set as "Flip", as well as the dogs front legs' upper IK's, to get the 3-jointed legs, but in the back leg's upper IK's the "Flip" option is left unchecked. Curiously enough, setting the "Weight" to 0 for the lower IK's makes them flip out the same way. The problem is that everything looks and animates fine in the Scene window, but the legs bug out when you press play on the scene, and when you export and run the game.

How the legs look in the Scene window:

How the legs look after pressing "play":

The structure of the GameObject - the sprite meshes, the IK's and the bones.

Much thanks in advance, Anima 2d is a powerful tool.

EDIT: Clarifications

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  13. MerovingL

MerovingL

Hi! Try "Flip" and decreasing Weight to 1 if you use IK Limb 2D.
    upload_2018-3-19_23-59-39.png

14. Keppi

Keppi

Thank you for your reply! Sorry, I should have been more precise with my description of the issue. I will update my original post to include this too:
    The IK's for the legs are all IK Limb 2D's with their weight set to 1 (seems to be the default since I didn't change it manually, and it also seems to be the slider's maximum value since you can't go above 1) The lower IK's are set as "Flip", as well as the dogs front legs' upper IK's, to get the 3-jointed legs, but in the back leg's upper IK's the "Flip" option is left unchecked. Curiously enough, setting the "Weight" to 0 for the lower IK's makes them flip out the same way. The problem is that everything looks and animates fine in the Scene window, but the legs bug out when you press play on the scene, and when you export and run the game.

15. MerovingL

MerovingL

I'm sorry too, I had some thing like that wih IK CCD, not IK Limb, when number of bones is set more than 1 (for example , depending on the number of bones and othe IKs position), the nearest IKs may not work. upload_2018-3-20_1-21-34.png

16. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

Hi, if you are using IK at runtime you need to manually sort your IKs using an IKGroup component. IK's of the legs should execute first than the ones in the foot.

17. Keppi

Keppi

Thank you so much, that worked! The dog runs fine now, after I applied an IKGroup component to the GameObject that contains the IK's so that the IK's are listed in order from high to low in its' list. I Will make a note about adding an IK Group component whenever there are 2 or more IK's chained. This forum makes me happy and more confident with working with Unity! Any resources for related tutorials are greatly appreciated - I have seen Sergio's stuff on youtube, and the latest webinar on Anima 2D, but it seems that specialized tutorials for anima 2d are scarce.

MD_Reptile likes this.
  18. 7_11

7_11

Hi everyone! Is there a possibility to load a pose not in inspector by clicking the button "load", but from the script (something like PoseManager.LoadPose(myPose))?

19. MrTiger

MrTiger

can we apply custom shaders to Anima2D sprite mesh ? .. if so can any one direct me how to do it ? .. thx

20. Polysquat_Studios

Polysquat_Studios

Hi, I figured out how to do that. I just took out the Editor Load Pose Script and turned it into a regular script. Put the Attached Script into Assets/Anima2D/Scripts. To Call the function use
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Anima2D.PoseUtilsRegular.LoadPoseRegular(MyPose, Puppet.transform);
    And an example to load from a resources folder:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Anima2D.Pose MyPose = Resources.Load("Poses/"+PoseName) as Anima2D.Pose;  
    2.         Anima2D.PoseUtilsRegular.LoadPoseRegular(MyPose, CurrentCharacter[0].transform);

Attached Files:

21. 7_11

7_11

22. Neo-Dragon

Neo-Dragon

I never thought of doing this. Very handy, especially fun for letting the user take a screenshot of a character in a pose.

23. madgreg

madgreg

Hello,

We're using an external texture packer for our atlases (TexturePacker) and everything works fine until we modify our atlas. After modifying the atlas some of the sprites have moved and our spriteMeshs are still skinned at the previous positions of the sprites. So the character appears with wrong texture coordinates :-( So we have to recreate all meshes if we change our atlas which is very bad.
    I searched a lot on this and everyone seems to use Unity built-in sprite packer for this. I am a bit surprised. So I'm wondering, do we absolutely need to use Unity built-in sprite packer in order to be able to modify our sprites our is there a functionality I missed that could move the skinned spritesMesh to the new positions of the sprites in the atlas?

Thanks for the hard work on the plugin, we love what we can make with Anima2d!

24. GabrielAguiarProductions

GabrielAguiarProductions

I'm currently having the exact same problem. Do you have found any solution with TexturePacker?

25. madgreg

madgreg

So far no, I had put this on hold to wait if I can have an answer here...

26. GabrielAguiarProductions

GabrielAguiarProductions

27. madgreg

madgreg

@Sergi_Valls do you have any answer about this?

Thanks!

28. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

Hi madgreg, I will try to fix this issue for Anima2D.
    Have you tried the new 2D animation packages? https://forum.unity.com/threads/2d-animation-preview-packages.521778/ In the new packages we store mesh data local to the sprite frame, effectively preventing this issue.
    I would like to know your feedback about SpriteAtlas, why it still makes you consider using TexturePacker, etc.

Thanks!

29. madgreg

madgreg

I haven't tried the new animation package, I will! The first reason we still use texturepacker is because we used it for years, before Unity even had a texture packing solution. The second reason is to keep control over our textures. With this we can load/unload the texture we need on demand. With Unity's texture packing solution we do not have control if it's loaded or not. Controlling that will help us keep memory usage low.
    Thank you for your answer!

30. pvalium

pvalium

I use texture packer too and I have same problem.

31. brAvatar

brAvatar

Will it be possible to import Anima2D SpriteMeshes and Bones weights into Unity 2018.1 new 2D Animation system ?

What will be with Anima 2D after release of 2018.1 2D Animation system ?

32. theCLING

theCLING

Hello everyone,

I am having an issue when I use the SpriteMeshEditor. After I have made my changes, whether that be creating the mesh or binding bones, anything really, and hitting apply I get an InvalidOperationException error. I tried copying the file placement of the examples, using atlases, changing sprite import settings and even loaded the TREX into the SpriteMeshEditor, hit apply, same error. Any guidance or advice on this would be very helpful.

Thanks all for your time

ERROR:

InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
    System.Collections.Stack.Pop () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections/Stack.cs:329)
    UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.EndLayoutGroup () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUILayoutUtility.cs:323)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout.EndHorizontal () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUILayout.cs:315)
    UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.EndHorizontal () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:7794)
    Anima2D.TextureEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/TextureEditorWindow.cs:391)
    Anima2D.SpriteMeshEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/Editor/SpriteMeshEditorWindow.cs:191)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:295)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:288)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (Rect onGUIPosition) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:255)

33. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

Did you move Editor Default Resources folder?

34. theCLING

theCLING

Thank you so much for the reply!

I imported the asset using the built-in import feature and have not touched the folder hierarchy. As it stands I have still have the three anima folders in the default location they imported in to (Anima2d, Editor default res, gizmos all in main project folder).

35. kohilane

kohilane

36. brAvatar

brAvatar

In my game there is 200+ IK CCDC with 5 bones attached to each one. I see a performance hit due to the IK calculations. 50% of all game CPU resources go to IK late update calculations. After some research to how to speed up the game, I found that even if IK is doing nothing (not moving) it take the CPU resources. In my game 50% of time IK transform not moving. So I made a method that detects it and disable / enable IK behavior when needed. This gave me 30% performance boost in my game. Maybe this info will help to someone.

My question, is it possible to optimize IK calculations to run faster, and is it possible not to take CPU resources when there is no movement of IK?

Thanks a lot.

37. jeffweber

jeffweber

I just updated to the 2018.2.0b1 beta.

I know get this error:
    Channel missing from vertex stream layout
    UnityEngine.Mesh:set_uv(Vector2[])
    Anima2D.SpriteMeshInstance:UpdateCurrentMesh() (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/SpriteMeshInstance.cs:307)
    Anima2D.SpriteMeshInstance:Awake() (at Assets/Anima2D/Scripts/SpriteMeshInstance.cs:274)

Here is the line it doesn't like.:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. m_CurrentMesh.uv = m_InitialMesh.uv;
    Any ideas?

38. tysonbr

tysonbr

Does anyone have the problem of having IK not moving limbs properly if the asset is rotated?

39. PandaMae

PandaMae

Somehow similar bug my other colleagues are experiencing right now. Anima2D animations works fine on my pc. But on my other colleagues' pc, the mesh doesn't show up and the only ones showing up are the bones, probably because of this error. We're using unity 2018.1.0b9. We thought the download through cloud is the problem so I zipped the project folder and sent it to them but they experience just the same bug. Any similar experience with this and a possible fix?

UPDATE:

I think what I did wrong is that I didn't use the "Export to Prefab" functionality from Anima2D. I just dragged the gameobjects to the project window, which is the usual thing we would do if we're making a prefab. Export to Prefab removed the bones from the gameobjects but atleast the animations are now working on my colleagues' pc/laptop. I just want to know now if this is the intended behavior. Aside from these what shortcut keys(windows) can I use in order to make rigging easier/faster, (for example: creating a bone) is there any documentaion/links for those? Thanks for the tool.

Attached Files:

• bug.jpg
      bug.jpg
      File size:
      282.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    lo2w0 likes this.
  40. JacobFast

JacobFast

Bug: During slicing changing tessellation from 0 to 1 will make sprite invisible if bones were previously bounded

41. clavinb

clavinb

Hello!
    We're using Anima2D for our trees swaying in the wind. I've been messing around with an editor script which randomises the hue of sprites within a certain range. Gives a nice effect to nature without having to colour each bit by hand. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work with SpriteMeshInstance. It works in editor but, unlike the normal SpriteRenderer objects, this new colour change is removed on play mode. Is there another step I need for this to work? I've posted the code here, (with the functional spriteRenderer code commented out.)

Hope that was clear. Thanks for your time!

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    4. using UnityEditor;
    6. [CustomEditor(typeof (SetRandomHue)),CanEditMultipleObjects]
    7. public class RandomHueEditor : Editor {
    9.     public override void OnInspectorGUI()
    10.     {
    11.         DrawDefaultInspector();
    12.         serializedObject.Update();
    13.         if (GUILayout.Button("Set Random Hue"))
    14.         {
    15.             foreach (SetRandomHue set in targets)
    16.             {
    17.                 set.SetColour();
    18.             }
    19.         }
    20.         serializedObject.ApplyModifiedProperties();
    21.     }
    23. }

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    4. using Anima2D;
    7. [System.Serializable]
    8. public class SetRandomHue : MonoBehaviour
    9. {
    10.     [SerializeField]
    11.     float hueMin; //.14f
    12.     [SerializeField]
    13.     float hueMax; //.333f
    15.     public void SetColour()
    16.     {
    17.         float hue, saturation, value;
    18.         Color.RGBToHSV(GetComponent<SpriteMeshInstance>().color, out hue, out saturation, out value);
    19.         GetComponent<SpriteMeshInstance>().color = Random.ColorHSV(hueMin, hueMax, .8f, .9f, .9f, .9f);
    20.        // Color.RGBToHSV(GetComponent<SpriteRenderer>().color, out hue, out saturation, out value);
    21.        // GetComponent<SpriteRenderer>().color = Random.ColorHSV(hueMin, hueMax, .8f, .9f, .9f, .9f);
    22.     }
    24. }

42. fabioColombini

fabioColombini

Is there a way to change the size of IK handles? I want to drecrease the size of the blue IK handles.

43. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

Hi Jeff,
    I will file a bug myself. I have a workaround for this that involves instantiating a new mesh instead of reusing the same one so I don't know if that's the best way to go. Definitely something broke in the mesh api.

Try working with Gizmos -> 3D Icons disabled

fabioColombini likes this.
  44. jeffweber

jeffweber

Thanks Sergi.

At what point do you think it's worth switching over to the new 2D bone/animation system?

45. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

Hi, quick fix on 2018.2 beta:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5aipxo33fiyspm/SpriteMeshInstance.cs?dl=0

It really depends on the case. First I would recommend to wait until the package is out from "preview". If the feature set provided is enough for you then it should be fine. I will still need to write some code to transfer the skinning data of the SpriteMesh to the Sprite.

Your inspector code is changing a property from another component, so serializedObject.Update() and serializedObject.ApplyModifiedProperties() won't do anything.
    You have two options:
    1- for each target in targets, get the SpriteMeshInstance component and register undo on it. Then call SetColour(). Also don't forget to EditorUtility.SetDirty(spriteMeshInstanceComponent)
    2- for each target in target, get the SpriteMeshInstance component. Create a new SerializedObject(spriteMeshInstanceComponent) and call newSO.Update(). Get the "m_Color" property and set the colorValue you want. Call newSO.ApplyModifiedProperties().

Remember to recompute the weights

There are many situations where IK should be updated. Moving the effector is only one of them. You are free to disable your IKGroup and make your own update logic based on effector changes. Call IKGroup.UpdateGroup() to update manually.

46. Salazar

Salazar

Is there any news on draw call optimization?

Best Regards,

47. UmbrellaGamesLLC

UmbrellaGamesLLC

Hi @Sergi_Valls,

I've been playing around with Anima2D for a couple of hours now, and it seems to be quite broken in Unity2018.1 :

- open UnityChan scene
    - select "dress" SpriteMeshInstance
    - in the SpriteMesh Editor, change tesselation to any value and click apply
    - bug1: it removes the tesselation for some reason (only has outline vertexes now)
    - click "auto" in the weighting panel, and click Apply in the top bar
    - bug2 : dress spritemesh is now invisible

I've had some other issues as well with my own sprites... Images disappearing, getting AABB errors, etc. I have yet to succeed in setting up a complete character, but I can't rule out user error yet... The bugs above are easy to reproduce though, and I don't think that behaviour is intended, but it's always possible that I'm missing something.

Thanks!

48. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

Hi, UnityChan dress contains holes, those red dots you see. Make sure you delete them before you re-slice.

49. UmbrellaGamesLLC

UmbrellaGamesLLC

Thanks, that did the trick! Though I don't understand why it can't have a hole. It might be a good idea to have it give me some kind of warning hinting me at what's going wrong.

Also, I just set up a character mostly successfully, but it keeps spamming "Assertion failed: Invalid AABB a" in the log. Any ideas as to what can be causing this? It might be more user error, but it's not giving me much clues as to what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!

50. Sergi_Valls

Sergi_Valls

Unity Technologies

A hole (red dot) will destroy any triangles inside a region defined by a path of edges. I should delete holes when re-slicing, that's true.
    Any bug you can send me a PM with a small project reproducing the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.