Search Unity

Deployment errors for Hololens

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by sheena-fernandez, Apr 3, 2019.

1. sheena-fernandez

sheena-fernandez

Hi, I've been trying to develop an application for Hololens using Holotoolkit and Vuforia at the same time. The app runs well on the Unity editor but when I try to deploy it (through Release, x86, Device), I get several Unhandled Exception errors on Visual Studio. Specifically they're under "No Symbols Loaded" and errors say "kernel.pdb not included" and "combase.dll not included". Does anyone know the solution for this?

2. meedabit

meedabit

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello,

The Vuforia HoloLens sample on the Asset Store has some Holotoolkit (HLTK) scripts and resources. The complete HLTK is fairly large, so we cherry-picked simpler concepts for implementation. The HLTK content that is original and unmodified is stored in the Assets\HoloToolkit folder of the VuforiaHoloLens sample.

If you've not already done so, I suggest that you try and build our HoloLens sample to vet your environment.

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support

3. sheena-fernandez

sheena-fernandez

Hi! Yes I tried running the Vuforia Hololens sample as is, but I have some errors. How do I solve this? Thanks!

Attached Files:

4. meedabit

meedabit

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello @sheena-fernandez,

Some questions:
    • Which version of the Unity Editor?
    • Which version of the Vuforia Engine SDK? Unity Editor->Window->Vuforia Configuration
    • Which version of the Vuforia Engine samples? Unity Editor->Project window: Assets/Vuforia/version
    Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support

5. sheena-fernandez

sheena-fernandez

Unity Editor - 2018.3.11f1
    Vuforia Engine SDK - 8.0.10
    Vuforia Engine Samples - 8.1.7

6. sheena-fernandez

sheena-fernandez

I just updated my Vuforia Engine SDK to 8.1.7 and the errors in Unity are gone. However I still receive errors in Visual Studio when trying to deploy the project to Hololens.

Attached Files: