Search Unity

Deploying Unity 5 Pro via SCCM and skipping the sign in screen

Discussion in 'Windows' started by iwilderspin, Jun 29, 2017.

1. iwilderspin

iwilderspin

Hi There,
    I work in an educational institute who are taking a step towards gaming courses. We have a one year Education license grant for unity 5 pro, and I need to install unity on 50+ PCs, which isn't a problem itself, however the splash screen that appears asking users to "sign in" before unity open is an issue.
    Is there a way to bypass this, perhaps adding an account to a config file or a command that can be run to silently sign in?

One other question, if I do sign in to a windows PC, launch unity, sign in to unity, then log off and sign into windows as a different user, will I have to sign in to unity again or will it remember the account signed in from the previous session?

I doubt you support these types of things, but any advice would be excellent of you.

2. misdunity

misdunity

I know you posted your question almost 9 months ago but I thought I'd go ahead and reply anyway. Create a batch file by copying the commands below. The quotes around email address and password need to be removed. Batch file must be run with administrative privileges.

@echo off

"C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Unity.exe" -quit -batchmode -serial XX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX -username "email address registered with unity 3d" -password "password"

3. misdunity

misdunity

Additionally, Unity does actually support these types of things and I'm surprised you didn't receive a reply from their technical support. You can refer to their knowledge base, which is where I found the information I posted above. Here is a link to the exact knowledge base article that explains the command line arguments for silenty activating unity: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/CommandLineArguments.html

Regarding your second question, I am deploying Unity Pro to a number of PC's today and I will go ahead and test and let you know what I experience as far as logging into the PC with different user profiles and launching Unity.