Search Unity

Deployed Apps Crash - HoloLensWorldManager error

Discussion in 'VR' started by deriven, Dec 9, 2016.

1. deriven

deriven

I also posted this on HoloToolkit-Unity's GitHub here:
    https://github.com/Microsoft/HoloToolkit-Unity/issues/381

Tested both in emulator and remote device.
    Unity 5.5.0f3
    OS Build on emulator: 10.0.14393.0

Begin showing splash screen.

The following GlobalManagers were stripped from the build (Either because they're not used or not supported on this platform):
    NetworkManager
    MasterServerInterface
    UnityAdsManager
    ClusterInputManager
    UnityAnalyticsManager
    CrashReportManager

UnloadTime: 2.947000 ms

HoloLensWorldManager failed to return a world coordinate system!

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/VR/HoloLens/SpatialMapping/SurfaceObserver.cpp Line: 466)

2. deriven

deriven

More information I failed to add...

I used created a new Unity project, imported the latest toolkit (included examples), and tried the GazeRulerExample scene (HoloToolkit-Examples/GazeRuler/Scenes) as well as the BasicCursor scene (HoloTookit/Input/Tests/Scenes). I used the HoloToolkit menu options to apply to scene, project and player settings. I also confirmed that each setting was done. (I noted that the Unity C# project was not checked in build settings and checked that manually.) I confirmed that the SpatialPerception was checked as well.

While within Unity, playing the scene works fine. However within the emulator or the device, no splashscreen appears (which I find odd) and the system returns. It doesn't state an error.

I can open the app by pinning it somewhere. The same situation happens (no splashscreen and it returns) and the pinned app is there.

3. deriven

deriven

Figured it out. The HoloToolkit doesn't set the VR Supported to true. Manually set it and all good.