Search Unity

Resolved Deploy HoloLens 2 application to HoloLens 2

Discussion in 'AR' started by Seajanjan1, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Seajanjan1

Seajanjan1

I want to deploy my HoloLens 2 app to my HoloLens 2. I've built it in Unity, which worked fine, with these settings:
    https://prnt.sc/v30ky7

After that I've opened my solution with Visual Studio 2019 Enterprise in my created folder. Then I set my settings to "Release", "64" and "Device". I hit "Debug" and "Start Without Debugging". It returned me an error that only ARM and ARM64 is supported on my Device even tho MS documented it with 64.
    So I tried "ARM" which gave me this error:
    Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error LNK1181 cannot open input file 'C:\Users\myName\MyOneDrive\Desktop\MyProjectName\build\bin\ARM\Release\GameAssembly.lib' myProject C:\Users\myName\MyOneDrive\Desktop\myProjectName\myProject\LINK 1

My ARM/Release folder is empty.

So I tried ARM64, which I had to include myself via "Configuration Manager". Start Without Debugging with this settings Gave me 20 Errors but it all leads to one Warning message:
    Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Warning MSB3106 Assembly strong name "C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2018.4.22f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\MetroSupport\Players\UAP\il2cpp\ARM64\Release\UnityPlayer.winmd" is either a path which could not be found or it is a full assembly name which is badly formed. If it is a full assembly name it may contain characters that need to be escaped with backslash(\). Those characters are Equals(=), Comma(,), Quote("), Apostrophe('), Backslash(\). MyProject C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Enterprise\MSBuild\Current\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets 2084

My ARM64/Release folder is also empty.

2. Kent1LG

Kent1LG

Hey Seajanjan !

Hope you're well :)

As far as I know if you need to include yourself the ARM64 on VS that mean that something is wrong with your build.
    Your screenshot make me believe that you are using an older version of Unity, to build an ARM64 HoloLens 2 application you need to use at least one of the Unity 2019 version (LTS available).

Tell me if this help you,

Kent1LG

3. Seajanjan1

Seajanjan1

Hey Kent1LG,
    thanks for the help so far.

This did not fix my problem yet.

I have 2 errors in my Unity console. I could built the project anyway, so I ignored them till now. Maybe they are the problem why I cant deploy my app to the HoloLens 2.

First error:
    Error: Could not load signature of Microsoft.Azure.Storage.Core.Auth.BlobSharedAccessSignatureHelper:GetSignature due to: Could not resolve type with token 01000030 (from typeref, class/assembly Microsoft.Azure.Storage.UserDelegationKey, Microsoft.Azure.Storage.Common, Version=11.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35) assembly:Microsoft.Azure.Storage.Common, Version=11.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35 type:Microsoft.Azure.Storage.UserDelegationKey member:(null) signature:<none>

Second error:
    Unloading broken assembly Assets/Plugin/Microsoft.Azure.Storage.Blob.dll, this assembly can cause crashes in the runtime

Note: In playmode everything with this nuget works fine.

4. Kent1LG

Kent1LG

Did you handle your targets plugins?
    When you configured your .dll plugins, did you choose an architecture? Il2CPP + ARM ?
    When a unity project build, it automatically configures dlls (who's got default value) to be related to the build settings.

Maybe try to set your build settings in ARM, but I don't think that's change.

Sorry I don't have any other idea :(

Kent1LG

5. Shaunyowns

Shaunyowns

Hey there! @Seajanjan1, without a repro project and additional details, hard for us to tell what's causing the issue.

Do you mind reporting this as a bug?