Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Density Volume disappear to early.

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by koirat, Oct 1, 2020.

1. koirat

koirat

So I have put some density volume on my scene. By default it got Distance Fade Start/End set to 10000 (I guess this is in meters).

Problem is my density volume is culled to early, about hundred of meters.
    It looks like the invisible wall is culling it from back to the camera position.

2. pierred_unity

pierred_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello, in the Fog controls (in your local or global volume), there is a setting called "Depth Extent" (It is being renamed to "Volumetric Fog Distance" in HDRP 10+).

This parameter defines how far the volumetric fog is rendered.

The fade distance on your Density Volume is totally independent from the Depth Extent of the volumetric fog.

See: https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c....high-definition@7.1/manual/Override-Fog.html

3. koirat

koirat

Yes thank you I have already solved this. But it started to wave like we are discussing it in this other thread. Is there somewhere example of DensityVolume looked at from a far distance because right now I don't remember any of such an example.