Search Unity

Demonic Crusades - The Untold Stories of the Crusades

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by pivotraze, May 15, 2012.

1. pivotraze

pivotraze

Hi everyone!

I have been a long time user of Unity, but a long time lurker as well :p I just recently got active on the forum a few weeks ago. But enough of that.

I have had an idea sprouting up in my head for a few months. And now I'm finally putting it to life.

(Quick Note: All the pictures used here were not drawn by me, and I will not claim them to be. All I do is plan to make them into 3D Models.)

Game overview:
    The year is 1125, and the Crusades are running strong against the Muslims. Your character is one of the lead Crusaders, a known figure in the army, and a feared knight amongst the Muslims. You are in one of the defining fights against the Muslims, when hell suddenly breaks loose and rampages across earth. You manage to escape the ensuing onslaught, and work your way back to England, which is completely destroyed. You go to the castle to see if the Queen is still alive, but she is not. You then meet up with a few more Crusaders. You make a fight into the center of town, and without encountering many demons, find the entrance. You make your way to it and all hell breaks loose. One of the leading demons emerges from the entrance, along with a few other demons, and spots you. You fight valiantly, but all your comrades die. It is down to you and the lead demon. As you are fighting, you are knocked to the ground and right as the demon is about to kill you, it is shot through the head with an arrow. The Muslims have arrived. Right as you are about to grab your sword to defend yourself, they announce themselves as allies, stating that they must work together with the Crusaders to close the entrances from hell to earth.

Mechanics:
    Centered in medieval times, there are no modern weapons. You use swords, maces, axes, and bows to fight your way through the levels. After each level, you return to a “Home Base” sort of area, where it is one town, left unravaged by the demons. You can choose to go to Church in this area and follow the holy path, or ignore the church and follow the unholy path. The holy path gives you access to Heaven’s own warriors, and allows you to call upon them to fight with you, and also gives you access to various “upgrades” or “powers,” such as the ability to light your sword on fire, and other such powers. The unholy path gives you a more powerful figure, dealing more physical, not spiritual damage.

Camera:
    3 tiered camera system, a “Diablo” style camera, a generic 3rd person camera, and a generic 1st person camera.

Game Progression:
    The character progresses through a general XP ranking system. XP is gained by killing the enemy, be it Demons, or the Muslims in the beginning. Each level requires 1000-5000 more experience than the last.

Enemies:
    There are various enemies, in the beginning, only being the members of the Muslim army. The first battle is mainly against them, but from there, it graduates into Demonic entities. There are various ones, all listed below:

Slaugh:

Chimera:

Incubus:

La Llorona – The first boss:

Hellhounds:

Baal - A boss:

Abaddon - A Boss:

Wendigo:

The Face of Satan:

The Body of Satan:

Widigan (Name is up in the air):

What does everyone think? Would it be something you would play?

Requests for Help
    3D Modeler - Organic
    Animator - For a trailer of the game

Updates
    Update #1
    Sadly, one of my favorites, the Original Widigan (as I called it), had to be taken out. Rather disappointing, but I probably shouldn't mess with a drawing made for Microsoft :)

Update #2
    The game has been renamed to Demonic Crusades :)

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  2. prophet

prophet

Could be interesting. Hard to tell without actual screens, layout, etc.

I am the type that if the descriptions and story/gameplay seem interesting, I will give it a try.

You have a bit of a description, so I would say keep working on it. Whether anyone says they would want to play :)

3. dead1ock

dead1ock

I have some more concept art for your game.

4. pivotraze

pivotraze

Lol. It's not at all taken from that game. Baal is an actual demon, from the Christian religion. I have never once played Diablo. The "Diablo Style Camera," however, it taken from a youtube video.

I didn't doubt Baal, or any other creatures in the game I want to create is in another game, :) That drawn picture might be taken from that game, but I am not sure... heh

Yea, I'm working diligently on it. I hope to get out a little demo soon, but I won't know how soon :)

I plan on working on it no matter what, it sounds like a fun project to me, and I love programming everything from scratch, :)

5. virror

virror

Reminds me of the game "Lionheart", diablo-style camera and crusaders fighting demons : )

6. pivotraze

pivotraze

I was initially disappointed with your statement, but my idea is still slightly different. As of now, I can see the following differences:
    • Movement is different. I use WASD, and the mouse. Lionheart is all mouse :p
    • Different storyline. Both may involve demons, but in completely different ways.
    • You don't go into hell at the end of the game, from what I understand :) (Yes, you do go into hell in Dante's Inferno, but that is the WHOLE game, mine is going to be less than that, and not nearly as in depth xD)
    • Fighting is a bit more involved, where you completely control the character (not just click to attack), and with powers granted to you either by Heaven itself, or ones you grow through the Unholy path.
    • No "Fog of War" like

7. pivotraze

pivotraze

Bump. I added requests for help at the bottom of the original post.

They are also here:

Requests for Help
    3D Modeler - Organic
    Animator - For a trailer of the game
    Concept Artist - For a cover for the game

8. pivotraze

pivotraze

Bump. Some updates. Added some new demons. Had to remove the old Widigan as it would have infringed on Microsoft. Good thing I check on 'em.

9. varedis

varedis

Do you actually have anything you have created yourself to show? At the minute you are just dumping Google Images in a thread.