Search Unity

Demo Mode?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Deleted User, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Is there any way to try Unity iPhone before buying it? I just wanted to test out a few ideas I had before committing to a $600 investment (I don't own Unity Indie either).

2. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Yeah, email sales@unity3d.com and ask for a trial version... and try our forum search function since something like this might have been asked before (just guessing of course).

Ethan

3. jashan

jashan

I think the way to get that is contacting (sales (ATiAT) unity3d.com) - but you should have XCode and the iPhone SDK ready to build to your iPhone/iPod touch. Otherwise, trying Unity iPhone is kind of pointless since it has to rely on XCode and the iPhone SDK being set up properly.

4. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

One last bit, the free iPhone SDK won't cut it either as that only lets you build and run in the simulator. To use our features you need to build and install the Unity Remote app on your device, and then produce builds for your device. As such you'll need the paid ($99/year) SDK.

But yes, as per the trial download page you can write us at sales@unity3d.com and we'll set you up once you have the SDK installed.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks guys. I'll give them an email.

@jashan: I already have Xcode and the iPhone SDK. I've got two games out already, so that's taken care of. But thanks for helping out anyway. :)