Search Unity

Demo Island Online

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by alexskiing, Feb 1, 2008.

1. alexskiing

alexskiing

I am very happy to announce that i have made my first online game from the demo island that comes with unity! I have also packaged a small car driving game with it. It is still a beta with bugs, so if you could please report them, and give me a hint on how i can fix them, that would be great!

How it works,
    Download the game at http://command-interactive.com/Island_Online.html
    Just start the app, and look in the top right corner, it will be the exact GUI as in the networking demo. just click connect, or start server then select the game you would like to play.

I welcome all criticism, good or bad

2. alexskiing

alexskiing

Sorry guys, My server is a bit slow, and the game is still uploading, it will be about 20 min from this post till you can play.

3. alexskiing

alexskiing

Now it is up and ready for testing, sorry for the delay

4. VICTOM

VICTOM

Doesn't seem to be an "online" version of the game. The 2 links are for downloading the game.

Cheers

5. alexskiing

alexskiing

6. angel_m

angel_m

In car race mode the car doesn't move...

7. angel_m

angel_m

In car race mode the car doesn't move...

8. alexskiing

alexskiing

Ok, now the car problem is fixed. What happened is that i used a stronger gravity to make my Command Interactive animation run faster, but the gravity effected the car game. I have also made changes to the island player. Now you are able to get around the island faster, the jet-packs work, the player is rendered better, and underwater effects are now working.

What I am working on now:
    • A Mission for the island
      A Head to head shooter mode for the island
      User registration and login

[/list]

9. alexskiing

alexskiing

A new beta is ready for trial, it is available at the same place (http://command-interactive.com/Island_Online.html ). Does anyone know how to ingrate an updater into unity projects, so when i release a new version, it will alert users of older versions?