Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Deleting Unity 2020.2 beta from my system and starting over with Unity 2019

Discussion in '2020.2 Beta' started by crownracing, Oct 13, 2020.

1. crownracing

crownracing

I have been studying and working with the 2020.2 beta version for two weeks now and have found it to have too many errors and bugs, leaving me with just one option, that is, to work in Unity 2019. I need a reliable, bug free software to make progress in developng a racing game. One of the huge problems with 2020.2 beta is that the manual has frequent errors, my guess, caused by so many updates of the software that have not been documented correctly in the manual. So a lot of the instructions are in error. The marriage between the manual and the actual software has to be right-on, in detail, for a developer to make steady progress. Then there are the bug problems, where the software does not perform an action as stated or correctly.
    MY QUESTION: Assuming that Unity 2019 is a polished product, hopefully, what is the best way to revert to Unity 2019 and keeping my three prefabs?: EasyRoads 3D Pro and two others? Without input from anyone, I will just uninstall Unity from my computer, go to the Unity Store, and install Unity 2019, and hope that my prefabs are still available to me. Any input would be much appreciated. I am a determined person who follows the instruction tutorials and manuals explicitedly. Hopefully Unity 2019 solves this problem.
    Does anyone have an opinion whether 2019 is better than 2020, more polished and easier work flow?

2. brunocoimbra

brunocoimbra

There is a reason it is called Beta.

If you want the most stable version then stick to 2018.4 LTS or 2019.4 LTS (personally I would take the later because of the features, but the former is the more stable currently). 2020.1 is ok so far, but it is a TECH release, so don't expect a LTS-level of quality.

About downgrading, not really supported out-of-the-box, but you might have luck.

3. Neonlyte

Neonlyte

:rolleyes: I don't know which tutorial you were reading to tell you use a pre-release version.

4. crownracing

crownracing

It worked! I went into my computer, under uninstall programs and uninstalled Unity. Then I went to the Unity Hub from my computer and downloaded Unity 2019 LTS with the Unversal Pipeline Rendering. That took an hour. Then on the the Unity hub I created a new project. Then I went into Unity on my computer after installation, went under my assets, and all my prefab assets were listed. I imported them back into the new project. All is good to go. I got Unity 2019LTS, Universal Pipeline Rendering, and all my prefab assets like EasyRaods3D pro. Thanks for the help.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020