Search Unity

Deleted default environments and can't get them back

Discussion in 'Unity Remote Config' started by plotlessplot, Mar 30, 2020.

1. plotlessplot

plotlessplot

When setting up the initial configuration for Remote Config in my current project, I created two environments, release and development (both lower-case).

After doing the first PUSH, I went to the dashboard and noticed that I now had two more environments, Release and Development (both with the first letter in upper-case).

I deleted the "new" ones and kept the ones I created, but I soon noticed that the development environment was not working correctly. The issue is that now I don't have the Development environment anymore and if I try to create one it tells me the name is reserved, so I currently have no way to set up an environment for development builds.

Is there anything I can do?

2. vd_unity

vd_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @theplotlessplot,

We are sorry that you are experiencing issues, it is probably due to a different behaviour for different package versions.
    Could it be that you are using version before 1.1.0?

We introduced CRUD for Environments in package version 1.1.0
    Legacy packages prior to version 1.1.0 automatically create two environments upon every fetch.

If you would like to manage environments yourself we urge you to upgrade Remote Config to latest package version `1.3.0-preview.1`
    If you don't want to upgrade, you will only be able to access any environments except for your default environment (which you can set in the dashboard) and the Development environment.

Please let us know if this helps,

3. plotlessplot

plotlessplot

Updated from 1.0.9 to 1.3.0-preview1 and the default environments showed up again!
    Thank you very much!

vd_unity likes this.