Search Unity

Delete via Shell Facebook Build Support Unity 2019.2.0f1

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by studentutu, Aug 13, 2019.

1. studentutu

studentutu

Good afternoon everyone,
    Please ,help me out - I need to delete the facebook support to build the succesfull Cloud Build
    For IOS I have the following :
    echo "-------------------> Started on Working From Custom Bash script!"
    echo "Unity Arguments" + $*
    echo " Build path " + $UNITY_PATH
    cd /
    ls
    echo "Current dir :" + $PWD

if [ -d "/UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-2019_2_0f1/PlaybackEngines/Facebooksupport" ]; then
    echo "Unity Cloud Facebooksupport Relative Build target Found"
    rm -rf /UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-2019_2_0f1/PlaybackEngines/Facebooksupport
    else
    echo "Unity Cloud Facebooksupport Build was not Found"
    fi

if [ -d "/UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-2019_2_0f1/PlaybackEngines/Facebook" ]; then
    echo "Unity Cloud Facebook Build target Found"
    rm -rf /UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-2019_2_0f1/PlaybackEngines/Facebook
    else
    echo "Unity Cloud Facebook Build target was not Found"
    fi

echo "-------------------> Endet Working From Custom Bash script!"

I cannot find the right folder - the /UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-2019_2_0f1/PlaybackEngines is never found/
    Please, help!

2. alexg-unity

alexg-unity

Unity Technologies

So those are virtual Read-Only paths and not specific to your job's workspace. Thus, what you are trying to do is impossible with this script. May I ask why is it that you need to remove the FB support packages from the standard Unity install version(s)? is it to address a conflict of some sort in your project? I may be able to speak to the Unity FB team on your behalf or repro any issues you have and come up with a solution for you.

3. michael_looply

michael_looply

Hi Alex,

To add some context to what studentutu is trying to do, it appears that Unity 2019.2.0f1 always tries to compile against Facebook SDK 7.9.4 that is installed in the Facebook Playback Engine directory, regardless of whether or not another Facebook SDK is present in the Assets directory of the project. This means that Unity Cloud Build always fails to build when a Facebook SDK is present within the Assets directory, since the Facebook Playback Engine cannot be removed from Cloud Build instances of Unity.

The issue can be seen in the
    unity_csc.sh
    invocations in the Cloud Build logs. There are always
    /reference
    parameters for the built-in 7.9.4 SDK, as follows:

Code (CSharp):
    1. [Unity] /reference:"/UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-2019_2_0f1/PlaybackEngines/Facebook/SDK/7.9.4/Facebook.Unity.dll"
    2. [Unity] /reference:"/UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-2019_2_0f1/PlaybackEngines/Facebook/SDK/7.9.4/Facebook.Unity.Arcade.dll"
    3. [Unity] /reference:"/UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-2019_2_0f1/PlaybackEngines/Facebook/SDK/7.9.4/Facebook.Unity.Settings.dll"
    4. [Unity] /reference:"/UNITY_PATH/Unity/Unity-2019_2_0f1/PlaybackEngines/Facebook/SDK/7.9.4/FacebookNamedPipeClient.dll"
    These references are present, even if another Facebook SDK is in the project. My project includes Facebook SDK 7.12.2, and my logs contain both the aforementioned 7.9.4 references and the following:

Code (CSharp):
    1. [Unity] /reference:"Assets/FacebookSDK/Plugins/Facebook.Unity.dll"
    2. [Unity] /reference:"Assets/FacebookSDK/Plugins/Canvas/Facebook.Unity.Canvas.dll"
    3. [Unity] /reference:"Assets/FacebookSDK/Plugins/Editor/Facebook.Unity.Editor.dll"
    4. [Unity] /reference:"Assets/FacebookSDK/Plugins/Gameroom/Facebook.Unity.Gameroom.dll"
    5. [Unity] /reference:"Assets/FacebookSDK/Plugins/Gameroom/FacebookNamedPipeClient.dll"
    6. [Unity] /reference:"Assets/FacebookSDK/Plugins/Settings/Facebook.Unity.Settings.dll"
    I've attached a more complete sample of one of the
    unity_csc.sh
    invocations from one of my failed 2019.2.0f1 builds on Cloud Build for reference.

The issue is reproducible locally, as well; installing Unity 2019.2.0f1 without the Facebook Playback Engine and importing any Facebook SDK into a new project should result in successful compilation until the Facebook Playback Engine is installed. Once it's installed, compilation in the editor stops working due to various duplicate Facebook.*.dll files being loaded during the compilation process.

Edit: Can't really dig any deeper than this, but it looks like it's related to https://github.com/Unity-Technologi...9.2/Editor/Mono/Modules/ModuleManager.cs#L235; there's an ivy.xml in the old 7.9.4 SDK that is almost definitely the cause of those DLLs being loaded regardless of build target.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    chadq likes this.
  4. alexg-unity

alexg-unity

Unity Technologies

thanks, Michael, this is very good info to have and we appreciate it. I will try to loop in the relevant Devs and Support in on this, especially if there is a fix to that ivy.xml that we can patch at the data center, that would make things easy as a possible workaround.

5. studentutu

studentutu

The same issue is described better in this thread https://forum.unity.com/threads/fac...een-imported-error.467925/page-2#post-4852925

6. phuong_unity

phuong_unity

This problem occurs in Unity 2019.2 if both the Facebook Gameroom module (which is installed by default in Cloud Build) and a Facebook SDK plugin are installed. This is something that has been broken in 2019.2 and currently, we are still investigating the cause of the issue.

I have been informed by @alexg-unity that for now, we can disable the Facebook Gameroom module in Cloud Build for projects that have this issue. Please open a support ticket through the Developer Dashboard or email cloudbuildsupport@unity3d.com and we can assist you further.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  7. studentutu

studentutu

Please, disable it! I will open the ticket

8. alexg-unity

alexg-unity

Unity Technologies

To make things easier, I have unblocked the custom version of Unity 2019.2.0 for this issue and made it globally available in Cloud Build under the drop-down name of Unity 2019.2.0noFB. Please contact Support if you have any further issues.

Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 9.37.14 AM.png

9. studentutu

studentutu

Could also make the same fix for Unity 2019.2.1f?

10. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

@studentutu, Unity 2019.2.1noFB has also been added. These versions will only be temporary whilst the Facebook team fix the underlying issue.

Workaround recap:
    2019.2.0f1 - configure Cloud Build to use 2019.2.0noFB
    2019.2.1f1 - configure Cloud Build to use 2019.2.1noFB

eladleb4 and ImbaGame like this.
  11. eladleb4

eladleb4

Thanks @ollieblanks , it would be awesome if you could update this thread once the complete solution is available on UCB, or if it takes a lot of time to fully resolve, please keep adding unity versions (as we are now on 2019.2.2...)

leandro_trick likes this.
  12. Wolar

Wolar

Hello, I have a same question as eladleb4, we are now on 2019.2.2, would it be possible to either fix the issue or ad 2019.2.2noFB as well? Thank you!

13. eladleb4

eladleb4

@ollieblanks is there a bug report page we can track to see the status?
    With unity 2019.2.3 being out already, I'm contemplating whether we should upgrade or hold and wait for the UCB fix

MFG-jkhoo likes this.
  14. eladleb4

eladleb4

@ollieblanks @alexg-unity do you guys have any update on this issue?
    We are kind of stuck with 2019.2.1noFB on UCB while using newer versions on our dev machines.

15. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

Hi @eladleb4 and @Wolar,

Apologies for the silence on this I have been out of the office for a while. I will discuss this further with the teams involved and get details on what the full resolution plan is. Please bear with me and I will update you again here as soon as I can.

michael_looply and MFG-jkhoo like this.
  16. eladleb4

eladleb4

Thanks @ollieblanks , looks like there are a couple of important updates with 2019.2.3 & 2019.2.4 that we can't wait to release to our players.

17. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

Hi all,
    Good news. The fix is to be released in Unity 2019.2.5f1. ETA for this version is before the end of this week. I'll keep you posted!

18. eladleb4

eladleb4

Awesome! Thanks @ollieblanks I hope UCB will use 2019.2.5f1 soon as well.

19. victorw

victorw

Unity 2019.2.5f1 is now supported on UCB