Search Unity

Discussion Delete background overlay, virtual keyboard Steam Deck.

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Dhani_Erdiansyah, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Dhani_Erdiansyah

Dhani_Erdiansyah

Hi everyone.

i want to delete this overlay, and just show my game background and text input. upload_2022-10-28_13-42-28.png

it is possible?
    because i see other game didn't have this overlay and still use virtual keyboard from steam deck.

Meceka likes this.
  2. Meceka

Meceka

Hello,

I know this is old, but I'm trying to achieve the same thing right now. I basically want keyboard to appear at bottom half like what the "Steam + X" buttons do. Could you find a way to do that?

3. Meceka

Meceka

I found the solution myself. It's the ShowFloatingGamepadTextInput. I was expecting something more floaty or small by the floating one but that's the one we were looking for and that takes about half of the screen.

The cool part is that you enter the input field's size and coordinates in unity, and the keyboard tries to avoid blocking it by moving to the upper half or lower half.

I couldn't understand steams origin and x and y, but these numbers made it appear at the bottom half, as I wanted.

Code (CSharp):
    1. Steamworks.SteamUtils.ShowFloatingGamepadTextInput(EFloatingGamepadTextInputMode.k_EFloatingGamepadTextInputModeModeSingleLine, 640,600, 100, 20);
    If you want the keyboard to appear at the higher half of the screen, make nTextFieldYPosition 300. (In the example above its 600)

Telhurin and Ryiah like this.