Search Unity

Delete Archive Project Completely

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkWavePaint, Feb 5, 2017.

?

Should Unity create the ability to delete archived projects, scrubbing them away into oblivion?

1. Yes

431 vote(s)
    99.8%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    0.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkWavePaint

DarkWavePaint

In regard to tinkering, my initial fumblings created projects by clicking, "Ooo, what does this button do." Then, realizing, "I hate that project name" or "I just misspelled 'fish' " or whatever the late night case of mishaps... The project gets archived.

However, for those of us, yes I must admit, who may be a bit OCD... seeing it still sitting there in archive land... is a bit... annoying. Will there ever be a way to completely delete even the archived projects? Thereby re-leaving all us who love to see things clean and squeaky.

Cheers!

2. mfb537

mfb537

Unity 2018.2 is here and deleting projects from the archive is still not a thing? really?

3. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

I didn't realize all projects were tracked in this way.

This is a good question, where is the option to delete projects from Unity's archive/dashboard?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  4. steryo

steryo

Still it's not available to delete archived projects and yes; it triggers my OCD too.

5. Player7

Player7

Slighty off topic but Unity should add in the ability to archive a project without all the extra unused crap in it.. much like other professional programs can do for archiving purposes.. and would make opening a slimmed down version of the project in a beta update to test without all the extra bs texture/shader conversion bs bs bs.

And yeah should be able to delete from the Hub, bit of a hassle to delete a project, especially when they don't even bother putting in a shortcuts like open the project folder in file manager...

6. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Is this referring to Unity Collab? If so, the ability to delete project data held by a 3rd party is indeed pretty important.

Ony likes this.
  7. Ryiah

Ryiah

Kiwasi and Ony like this.
  8. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

AFAIK you can ask them to delete stuff manually, but there is no built in way to delete a project. Even though it has been asked multiple times in the last couple of years.

Kiwasi, Ryiah and Ony like this.
  9. Pimpace

Pimpace

"you can ask them"
    Where?

10. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Open a ticket. It's somewhere in the services backend I believe.

11. FrankBuss

FrankBuss

Is it still not possible to delete an archived project without opening a support ticket for it?

sonofbryce likes this.
  12. Magic-Thor

Magic-Thor

I can't believe that something important, like that, has not been implemented, since years! :-(
    BTW: Voting is 223:1 !!! Questions?

MilenaRocha, BrownH6 and sonofbryce like this.
  13. Tsahyla

Tsahyla

OMG LOOK AT THE VOTES! Just had to go in and archive a bunch of stuff AGAIN because it will not allow delete. I'm very concerned about this from a security standpoint. Why is UNITY so stuck on avoiding the ability to delete your own stuff. What could be the actual reason? Why would UNITY want to FORCE a user to keep projects they never wanted in there in the first place? Is something going on here?

14. mstarr

mstarr

Don't do it!

15. Gardosen

Gardosen

2021 and this feature still doesn't exists... I am honestly dissapointed

16. Cyprium

Cyprium

WTF? This feature doesn't exist in 2021, I want to archive a project and STILL I'm unable to do it...

dman8723 and Solaris_1 like this.
  17. HTH_Crowchild

HTH_Crowchild

I am concerned about this from a security standpoint and am VERY frustrated it is being ignored HOWEVER I'm not surprised considering some of the upper echelon from EA are now running Unity.

My early tinkering with the program yielded numerous test builds and outdated/broken builds which are clutter, as well as collaboration content we are no longer pursuing.

Remember, There are other project collab/backup options available if Unity refuses to be transparent.

zetaFairlight likes this.
  18. zetaFairlight

zetaFairlight

I can't erase archived while giving a try to Plastic SCM, can't build because there's "an archived" project (so it seems) with the same name in collab (that's my educated guess), and I can't erase it. I'm forced to use another name for test projects (while learning to use the tools before I buy it). Unfortunately, if this isn't fixed I'm going to stick to Git and other free and paid tools. Any update?

19. Ryiah

Ryiah

No. That has nothing to do with it. Unity has simply always sucked at making websites. If any functionality exists on the web expect it to be in a barely functional state. It has been this way since the very beginning of the company.

MilenaRocha and AcidArrow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.