Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Delete a commit?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Cynikal, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Cynikal

Cynikal

So, I have my project, tried something new... Published the changes... It didn't work out.

Restored a previous build.

Made more changes...

Now, I wish to commit my NEW build..

However, it is only letting me "update" to the bad version with a lot of unstable changes.

Is there a way around this?

2. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

Hi @Cynikal,
    Short answer: Currently, no.
    However! Today I am testing the "Revert/Rollback" feature extensively, so know it is in the works and will be coming in a Preview build to a forum and email near you shortly :)

In the mean time, the work around is to unlink, then relink your project to Services. NOTE: This will unlink your project from *ALL* Services and generate a new Unity Project ID. To do so:
    - Open the Services window (Window>Services)
    - Navigate to and select the hamburger icon
    - Select Settings from the menu
    - Select Unlink Project

Again, watch for the new feature coming soon!

3. Sylker

Sylker

Is the Revert/Rollback feature already out? Cannot find it anywhere...

4. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

@Sylker, Rollback will be part of 5.6. However, you can try out the feature in the Collab Preview Build, 5.5.0x1, which you can see pinned near the top of this forum.

5. Gurg13

Gurg13

I am completely stunned that you released a source control without the ability to control your trunk in the cloud.

Rich_A and andrew-lukasik like this.
  6. AKiSeY

AKiSeY

I just tried to revert option. That works, but after doing a revert there is no way to publish again without doing an update first. so it basically brings you back to the commit you had problems with. A simple way to delete a commit would be great.

7. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

Which version of Unity are you using? 5.6.0f3 and later have the option to Go Back To an earlier revision where you can undo all changes after that selected commit. You can then make new changes and Publish to create a new HEAD of your project.

IridiumMan likes this.
  8. Rich_A

Rich_A

This is still a problem in 2019. We cannot revert to an earlier version, since Collaborate corrupted important files, and we needed to send a .zip file over the internet with the project.