Search Unity

Delayed animations/movement

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Leyza, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Leyza

Leyza

I have a simple humanoid character, rigged and animated in blender then imported into unity. The character moves using horizontal/vertical inputs and rb.movePosition. The animations for movement is played using a blend tree/animation controller. However, often when there is horizontal/vertical input, the animation doesn't play and the character doesn't move/respond for a while (varying amounts of time 0-3+ seconds), and sometimes after moving and the horizontal/vertical inputs are 0, the character continues sliding (without animation) for varying amounts of time. Everything else responds normally (menu, camera rotation, etc.), only the character movement and animation doesn't.

Previously, I was using mixamo animations and everything was working perfectly fine. The movement also works fine when there is no animations at all. I'm fairly new to blender/unity and not sure what is wrong. Any ideas and help appreciated!

Edit: Fixed. My grounded function wasn't triggering properly for some reason.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020