Search Unity

Delay in customer service?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darknoobie, Mar 24, 2023.

1. darknoobie

darknoobie

I purchased a shotty asset on the store and its absolutely horrible. Nothing like it was described. Anyhow I submitted a refund and its going on to months and no one has even read the ticket. I kinda feel I should take my business elsewhere. Is this company dying?

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Which asset?

Once you downloaded a purchased asset, you can practically only get a refund from fraudulent assets or if the asset publisher is willing to give you a refund. Get in contact with the publisher, not Unity, unless you feel the asset deserves to be reported for false advertising.

3. darknoobie

darknoobie

I purchased an asset that stated it could do one thing and does not. Just auto replies from dev with links to documentation and help section. The fact that we cant even get an admin here to respond to this really frustrates me. Really scares me to put all my marbles into this engine.

4. Homicide

Homicide

This is unfortunate, and i imagine happens more often than not.

IMO, there is very few 'CODE' based assets that are worth investing in. Most are half baked , half working, and often left unattended across version changes etc.

On the other hand, art packages are pretty much as is, and you can tell fairly easily what you are getting before you even purchase it.

Honestly, the only asset publisher I trust anymore to deliver constant quality, updates, and deliver excellent customer server, is @TonyLi . You will get your moneys worth and then some, and most importantly, you will get stuff that works as it should, and then some.

5. timsibiski

timsibiski

Unity Technologies

Hi @darknoobie. Sorry for the frustrating experience. Can you please send me information in a private message like a link to the ticket? I most likely can't read the ticket, so providing details too will help. I am a cloud build engineer so I can't answer or fix the problem for you myself, but what I can do is signal boost your issue directly with the team that does look into this.