Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Deferred rendering (for active lights in a scene) & oculus Quest 2

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by sgtkoolaid, Apr 22, 2022.

1. sgtkoolaid

sgtkoolaid

simple question I am hoping to have answered and a explanation to as to why or why not. I am an artist for a VR project in which we are doing outdoor and indoor areas. We are using URP and the app will be mainly standalone with the quest 2. My question is as followed. Is it possible to employ Deferred rendering for the stand alone oculus quest 2 app via URP? or am I stuck with Forward rendering? if no, why not? I just wan to understand the limitations involved and what i am "limited" to. We are doing a environment that is semi dynamic e..g. some assets are lightmapped other are dynamically "placed" or "built" via modular assets e.g. a building whose height varies based on the level of the guild/corp involved or a lobby cafe or pub choice. I appreciate any clear answer on this so I know what approach I have available to me. Thank you in advance in all the help you can muster in my narrowing the scope on the project to make it more optimized.