Search Unity

deferred decals on ios

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by BillyMFT, Feb 18, 2016.

1. BillyMFT

BillyMFT

2. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

Maybe the device do not meet the requirements.
    Or do you mean in the editor? Maybe the editor is switching to shader model 2 emulation if you set the targetplatform to iOS which would not meet the minimal requirements.

3. BillyMFT

BillyMFT

Yes this is in the editor. I think you are correct regarding the graphics emulation being part of the issue. By default it is off, but if I turn off emulation after switching to the ios platform, the decals still don't appear, so there seems to be something else happening as well.

Thanks

4. DanielDickinson

DanielDickinson

You've only given vague details so its difficult to say, but it could be any number of issues.
    If I was to guess, I'd sat your IOS build could be switching back to the Forward rendering path (The demo requires Deferred shading rendering path). Try forcing the system to use Deferred shading both in the player settings and on the camera.

[Shameless (but hopefully helpful) Plug]

If your interested. I've just released a screen-space decal solution on the asset store. Its supports both forward and deferred decals (Forward is much faster for mobiles), as well as all shader models, so it should work on both IOS & android. It has everything featured in those demos and then a whole lot more.

Asset Store
    Forum Page