Search Unity

Default UI Shaders won't compile for WebGL

Discussion in 'Web' started by Zucchinipi, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Zucchinipi

Zucchinipi

Hi,

I posted an issue yesterday, but have since then narrowed down the problem a bit more. It appears that Unity is having trouble compiling the default UI shader for WebGL builds (other platforms, e.g. Mac, build fine). These are the steps I take to reproduce the issue on Unity 2019.2.91f and MacOSX Catalina:
    1. Open New Unity Project
    2. Add a UI object (e.g., a button)
    3. Build Settings>Select WebGL>Build Player
    4. Build and Run
    This results in a slough of build errors for a bunch of default shaders, such as the following: "Shader compiler: Compile Hidden/Internal-DepthNormalsTexture - Pass 0, Vertex Program: Internal error, unrecognized message from the shader compiler process. Please report a bug including this shader and the editor log." I have attached the full Editor.log file.

Does anyone know how to resolve this error or any workarounds? Is there a more appropriate place to post this issue, or is there more information I can provide?

Any clarity would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. jukka_j

jukka_j

Unity Technologies

Can you report a bug with a test project? This looks like something QA should take a stab at.

3. aormsby

aormsby

I second this issue. However, I'm running 2019.2.11f1. I did exactly as @Zucchinipi described above. If a bug has been created, I'm happy to add any info I have. Just throw me a link here, and I'll include some data. /thumbsup

4. jacob-ilin-us

jacob-ilin-us

I have the same problem for almost all the projects I'm working on. I don't know how to fix this yet. Please help.

Attached Files:

golina likes this.
  5. bartofzo

bartofzo