Search Unity

Resolved Default Sprite Material/Shader - Purple Color

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Gamrek, May 4, 2021.

1. Gamrek

Gamrek

Hello all,

I am using the default material on my 2D objects and it works fine when I put the play mode as "Use Addressable database". However when I use existing build mode, my object become purple. And my 2D sprite renderer gives out a warning: Material does not have a _MainTex texture property.

Screenshot 2021-05-04 at 22.27.46.png

If I go on editor and pick the sprite/default shader again, everything refreshes and work fine. It seems like the shader/material doesn't get refreshed with they are loaded using "Addressables.InstantiateAsync". How do I fix that?

Derek

2. EmilieCollard191

EmilieCollard191

Is your build target pc,mac, linux standalone? if not addressable build the asset for ios/android and trying to load them in editor do not work.

3. Gamrek

Gamrek

Thanks, at the moment I switched to Android on Unity editor and want to include all the groups within the app (local) for testing only, then I will make one or two group as remote. Here is what I don't quite understand, should I change the group load and build path as local?

Screenshot 2021-05-05 at 15.16.53.png

Or change them to target platform?

Screenshot 2021-05-05 at 15.16.40.png

When I use LocalBuildPath and LocalLoadPath with "use existing build" on editor, all the 2D objects are shown as pink/purple.

4. EmilieCollard191

EmilieCollard191

5. Gamrek

Gamrek

Thanks, after several testings, I got it working. The reason why it didn't work is because of the URP which make the sprite didn't display correctly and I thought it was the addressable issue.