Search Unity

Default quality settings being ignored?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by orionburcham, Aug 5, 2012.

1. orionburcham

orionburcham

I didn't notice this until recently, but it seems like my default quality settings (the ones in Edit -> ProjectSettings -> Quality) are being ignored when I build a standalone desktop build of my game. Instead, it seems to use whichever quality level you have selected at build time as the default for the player, similar to the way it sets the Editor's quality level.

I don't mean the specific settings you set for each quality level, but the default quality level you set on a per/platform basis (where the green checkbox is for each platform in the quality level graph).

I like to run my Editor at "Fastest", and have my desktop build standalone at "Fantastic" while developing, so this is causing some trouble. Is this something I've accidentally done, or just a good ol' bug?

Thanks for any help,
    Orion

2. dasbin

dasbin

I'm having the same issue here. I suspect a bug.
    Anyone else?

3. hugepedlar

hugepedlar

Same here, though I'm almost sure it was working correctly at some time earlier with the same project.

4. beikul

beikul

For what it's worth I just noticed this same problem today - standalone windows build takes its quality settings from those of the editor, not those set as the builld default

5. jmcclure

jmcclure

I'm seeing this issue as well. Anyone find a workaround?

6. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

Can you please report a bug on this and I'll take a look into it.

7. SonOfZion1

SonOfZion1

Hello guys, If this is not along the same lines I will repost.

The issue seems to also be with the Default settings of the resolutions too.

Any time I chage the (build) resolutions of my window, it is being ignored. If I choose to choose the default ones built into the launcher it does change the resolution as it should but not when I set one manualy.

8. FrancisDuranceau

FrancisDuranceau

Hello Tim C.

Any update on this issue? It seems that the bug is still there.

Cheers
    Francis

9. RSH1

RSH1

I'm also having this issue. Default settings set to "Fantastic" but upon Build and Run it defaults to "Fastest".

10. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

Keep in mind that unity will save what quality settings was used last in the playerprefs/ registry.
    If you had on build with default on fast that you opened and then changed it to Fantastic unity will remember that you had set it to fast.
    @RSH1 not sure if that it's in your case but it's a good thing to keep in mind in general.