Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 beta is now available.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for insight from anyone who has experience with game testing to help us better Unity. Take our survey here. If chosen to participate you'll be entered into a sweepstake to win an Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. On February 28th the Feedback website will shut down and be redirected to the Unity forums. See the full post for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Default probuilder texture vanishes when object is created

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Desoxi, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Desoxi

Desoxi

Hey,

i want to use the default probuilder texture in 2018.3 but as soon as i create the object, its replaced with a plain grey material.

Is there a way how to use the default texture by "default" how it should be?

In preview:
    upload_2019-2-11_13-36-23.png

Once created:

upload_2019-2-11_13-36-51.png

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Are you using LWRP or HDRP, or have you changed your default material in the ProBuilder Preferences?

3. Desoxi

Desoxi

Yes indeed, im using the LWRP. But no i didnt change my default material.

4. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Ah! That makes sense. In LWRP, we default to Unity's material, because the non-LWRP "standard" shader will not work.

I'll look into updating this on our end (thanks for the note!), but for now you can do this yourself via:

1) Create a new material, using the texture "Gridbox_Default" (search in the Project tab, make sure you choose "Packages", not the default "Assets")
    2) Modify the material however you like
    3) Open the PB prefs (Edit > Preferences, click "ProBuilder" on the left), and set the "Default Material" to your newly created material

Hope that helps! -gw

Desoxi likes this.
  5. Desoxi

Desoxi

Thank you, works like a charm!