Search Unity

Default probuilder texture vanishes when object is created

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Desoxi, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Desoxi

Desoxi

Hey,

i want to use the default probuilder texture in 2018.3 but as soon as i create the object, its replaced with a plain grey material.

Is there a way how to use the default texture by "default" how it should be?

In preview:
    upload_2019-2-11_13-36-23.png

Once created:

upload_2019-2-11_13-36-51.png

2. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! Are you using LWRP or HDRP, or have you changed your default material in the ProBuilder Preferences?

3. Desoxi

Desoxi

Yes indeed, im using the LWRP. But no i didnt change my default material.

4. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Ah! That makes sense. In LWRP, we default to Unity's material, because the non-LWRP "standard" shader will not work.

I'll look into updating this on our end (thanks for the note!), but for now you can do this yourself via:

1) Create a new material, using the texture "Gridbox_Default" (search in the Project tab, make sure you choose "Packages", not the default "Assets")
    2) Modify the material however you like
    3) Open the PB prefs (Edit > Preferences, click "ProBuilder" on the left), and set the "Default Material" to your newly created material

Hope that helps! -gw

5. Desoxi

Desoxi

Thank you, works like a charm!

gabrielw_unity likes this.
  6. peteforde

peteforde

Hey @gabrielw_unity I think I've *mostly* got this working; I created a new material and set it to be the default for new ProBuilder objects. I set up the material with LWRP/Lit and have the Gridbox_Default texture assigned to the base map.

All seemed well until I realized that I could no longer use ProBuilder's Vertex Color assignment. Obviously, if I change the color of the base map, all of the blocks will change color.

I've tried Simple Lit, Baked Lit and Unlit LWRP shaders as well, with similar results.

What am I missing?

7. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! You need to use a shader that displays vertex colors. We have one included with the HDRP and LWRP samples, if you need. You can find those in the Package Manager page for ProBuilder :)

8. tkg_gwatson

tkg_gwatson

Hi there, any tips for a project that has hundreds of probuilder meshes already generated in their scenes using the old material please?

9. Nintenjo64

Nintenjo64

Old Thread, but this is still true of us as well, we have 50+ scenes and hundreds of ProBuilder meshes using the wrong material now..

10. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hmm, can you explain the situation more? Thanks!