Search Unity

Feedback Default Prefab Editing Environment is problematic.

Discussion in 'Prefabs' started by soleron, Dec 1, 2019.

1. soleron

soleron

It is super difficult to work in the prefab environment. Nearly impossible.

It is usually far too bright or far too dark. How is this possible?
    Shouldn't the prefab editing environment be a standard basic neutral light environment with a basic reflection?

What settings are there to fix it?

I even tried creating a scene and applied it in the editor settings. I assumed this was meant to do exactly that, but there was no difference.

2. runevision

runevision

You may need to bake lighting in your custom scene that you assigned in editor settings before its lighting works correctly in Prefab Mode. If it still doesn't look the same as when you open the scene itself, we'd need a bug report with the project and repro steps.

3. soleron

soleron

Thanks.

But even baked it looks wrong.

More importantly, why does the default environment not work properly? If you do not expect it to work properly then why was it designed so? Makes no sense.

It's unfriendly to users. Especially beginners. You should provide users with something that works out of the box. These are basic things and not advanced features someone should study the documentation in depth, in order to figure them out.

I luckily noticed that there is such an option in the preferences. Not everyone understands that, and even if/when they notice, it appears this is something optional, which is not the case at all since the default environment does not work.. And as I said, even that does not work in an acceptable way.

mowax74 likes this.
  4. runevision

runevision

We're not aware of the default environment not working correctly. There may be certain aspects of your setup that is related to this that means we have not encountered it here. That's why we need bug reports to be able to investigate.