Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Default Packages on project creation

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by Deleted User, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

@okcompute_unity

On project creation, a certain number of packages are automatically installed... and I spend my time removing them in each project.

In a project I started with 2019.1.0f2, I have these installed:

Capture.JPG

In another project, imported into 2019.1.0f2 from 2018.3, I have these packages installed by default:

Capture_2.JPG

Could you please just install "Package Manager UI" and allow us to choose what packages we want to use?

Thank you.

2. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Hi @APSchmidt

The default packages list is not under my control. This is a product management decision. I'll let @DanielTG , respond.

Regards,

Pascal

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Ah thank you for informing me. :) I hope @DanielTG will be able to propose something satisfying for everyone.

4. username132323232

username132323232

Any updates?

5. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

The list started to shrink a little bit in 19.2. It should continue to shrink over time.

Pascal

6. MattusFinchus

MattusFinchus

Sorry to regurgitate this one, but thought it better than starting a new thread. Is there a way to set what packages are additionally added when you open a new project? I'd like to add the VFXGraph and Post-processing packages to be included by default. Thanks!

7. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

@MattusFinchus What you want is custom project templates. This is a feature we are planning to make in the future. In the meantime, you can see this post by my colleague for a *temporary* option.

Regards,

Pascal

8. crawfis

crawfis

FYI. The default packages seem to break Visual Studio integration. I have Visual Studio 2019 Enterprise installed. Unity has Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code packages installed. Despite preferences to use Visual Studio 2019, it seems to try to use VS Code and when it cannot find it, it opens a script up in Notepad. If I delete the VS Code package, things work fine.