Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Default editor Dark and LIght TSS files

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by Trond_Tactile, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Trond_Tactile

Trond_Tactile

Hello!
    I am building a small standalone application for macOS and Windows in which I want the UI to look exactly like the Unity Editors UI. Since in the UI Builder you can target 3 different themes by default (default runtime, editor dark, and editor light), I assumed that the 2 latter ones could also be used for builds. However, I have found no way to target the editor themes.
    I have been looking in the editor install location for any TSS file, or other files that seem relevant, but I'm simply unable to find where/if this theme is available anywhere.

Also, does unity provide themes that make the UI look like native iOS/Android/Windows/macOS?

2. ErnestSurys

ErnestSurys

I recently extracted the stylesheets and some assets from the editor to do the same thing.
    Here's the GitHub repo. You can add it to your project as a UPM package.

Pleija likes this.
  3. AshMcConnell

AshMcConnell

Thanks for this, but I'm not really getting how to import it into my project? I don't see a `Dark Runtime Theme.tss` file in the repo?

Thanks!

4. ErnestSurys

ErnestSurys

Documentation: Install a package from a Git URL
    If the package is installed the "Dark Runtime Theme" should be visible in the UI Builder theme dropdown.
    Theme file path is: Packages/com.quickeye.dark-runtime-theme/Runtime/Resources/com.quickeye.dark-runtime-theme/Dark Runtime Theme.tss