Search Unity

Default animation wrong while game is stopped

Discussion in 'Animation' started by frappydan, Feb 8, 2021.

1. frappydan

frappydan

I have several animations on a game object. the default animation is one named "idle" and the animator does start me off there when I hit play. The problem is that when I stop the game the object is under another animation which happens to be the one after the default one (by transition). This doesn't keep the game from working but really looks weird when the game starts as it has to snap the objects to the idle position as you watch the game start. Tried deleting the animator and adding the animations to a new one in the order I wanted them but the behavior is the same. Really frustrating as this has never happened to me before. This probably sounds confusing to others but I don't know how to describe what I'm getting better than that. The discs should all be to the left, the first trigger causes the right disc to move to where you see it in the image below. When my app is stopped, the rack is in the state shown below. After starting the game and the default animation loaded (idle) i have to watch the discs appear to snap to home. When selecting the object in the hierarchy the animation that it loads by default is the one that moves the first disc to the right. Anybody got any idea why i'm getting this?

Screenshot 2021-02-08 162958.png

Attached Files: