Search Unity

Dedicated Server Kit: Online matchmaking for Mirror (and more!)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by gamevanilla, Jul 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrey37

Andrey37

@gamevanilla
    Do you have a guest mode like in the Master server kit? (I saw correspondence on the forum) I also really want this feature

2. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

There is no guest mode in the kit at the moment.

3. devcoachecom

devcoachecom

Hi, I post two pictures about an error that I received when click to button create new room, show me an error that say game server could not be started, showed in first picture, so I search rooms and appear created room, I click in this room created and receive an error in show second picture.
    I can create a new user and execute login.

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 20.44.36.png Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 20.45.05.png

4. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Please reach us via the contact form at our website for technical support questions; this forum thread is exclusively for announcements and pre-purchase questions. Thank you!

5. itsmeblk

itsmeblk

Before i buy it, i'm intrested if it supports (multiple server instances) for different NetworkManagers in different scenes:
    My ideea is to have 3 maps in game (3 scenes) with different players on each map
    The user will connect to the host x.x.x.x on different ports corresponding to each map so each map/scene will have different players on it.

Thank you!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  6. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you for your interest!

Answering your question: not by default. You would need to extend the kit on your end in order to support such a scenario.

7. unity_3057208BE47AC466C459

unity_3057208BE47AC466C459

Hello, I have several questions.
    1. Does it has auto matchmaking flow by default?
    2. When i'm creating room and force closing app, how fast instance/room will be closed?
    3. When Player A creates room and connecting, Player B also connecting to a same room. What will happened to the room when Player A disconnects?

8. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Thank you! Answering your questions:

1. No; rooms are created and joined manually by the players.
    2. There is a default timeout after the room is emptied that you can modify.
    3. The room will be kept alive for as long as there is at least one connected player. The kit does not handle player disconnections other than destroying a game room once it is emptied.

9. coderhn

coderhn

this works with the latest mirror version 53.0.0?

10. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Yes, it does. The latest update of the kit, which we just released, upgrades its compatibility to Mirror 53.0.0.

11. youssef_khadr

youssef_khadr

Dears , is it possible to use this kit to handle multiple servers , i couldn't find anything in the documentation and also checked the master kit documentation and found that they explicitly saying "You will always have one and only one master server running at the same time." is that applies also to this kit ?

12. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

Yes, this also applies to Dedicated Server Kit. If you want to do load balancing across multiple servers, you will need to extend the kit on your end.

13. gamevanilla

gamevanilla

In order to centralize all our technical support efforts, we are closing this forum thread. If you have any questions or need any assistance, please reach us via the contact form at our website and we will be happy to help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.