Search Unity

Question Dedicated Server Build

Discussion in 'Game Server Hosting' started by zensoftstudio, Oct 13, 2022.

1. zensoftstudio

zensoftstudio

Hi, a test deploy Fusion BR with Multiplay following the guideline successfully. But server artifact must be desktop build setting. I tried to upload Dedicated Server build version and tried a test allocation but get error: binary incompatible. Is there any way i can run our Dedicated Server instance instead of desktop version (for faster container packaging and upload speed, our server artifact have 10GB size with desktop build setting).

Thanks

2. danri

danri

Unity Technologies

Hello,

The Fusion BR200 sample does not currently support the Dedicated Server build target. Hence the standalone stripped IL2CPP build produced by that target does not work.

Please take a look at the cookbook (https://doc.photonengine.com/docs/c...tiplay-integration-documentation-by-unity.pdf) and follow the steps to create a Linux desktop build.

When setting up the build configuration on Multiplay you will be able to use the -nographics and -batchmode launch parameters to run the Linux build in a headless mode.

3. vimrzhanghe

vimrzhanghe

Is there any difference between “use the -nographics and -batchmode launch parameters to run the Linux” and “Dedicated Server”.

I release the dedicated server Windows version, which runs locally and works well

4. Alexis_UGS

Alexis_UGS

Unity Technologies

Hi, our platform currently only supports Linux. Windows support will come next year!