Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Question Decrease ambient lighting inside

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by gweebco, Mar 31, 2024.

1. gweebco

gweebco

I am having trouble with the lighting in HDRP. I am creating an environment with an indoors and outdoors. If i use an HDRI sky I need to adjust the exposure in order to see it when outside, the problem with this is that this increase influences the lighting inside, even if the inside is completely cut off from the outside. This means that indoor lighting does not work as expected and much higher values are needed in order to notice their influence. I have tried creating a voume with the hdri exposure set to 0 and this seems to work. is this a good way to do it? I have also noticed that the directional light(sun)'bleeds' though parts of my mesh. this mesh is currently just a cube made in blender with a solidify modifier on it so shouldnt have any gaps in it....many thanks.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2024