Search Unity

Decompile.exe Back to Unity Project?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Mashimaro7, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Mashimaro7

Mashimaro7

Sorry, don't think this is the right location for this post, but I have no idea where else would be more sensical haha.

Does anyone know how to do this? I was hired to work on a game but they only have the .exe file, they want me to convert the .exe install file back into a Unity project. I downloaded Ghidra, and opened the file in it. But I don't know how to convert that data back into a project file? I understand it won't come out a perfect project, but that's what I've been hired to do, rebuild it and make sure it's all in order AFTER i decompile it, I just need help getting it decompiled.

If I could even just get the scripts and scene data out of it that'd be great, I could ask him to send me the models/textures and rebuild it, it's not the most complicated game.. I think it was built for Universal Windows, my client doesn't even know that much.

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
  2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

The modding communities might have something to help. Getting the assets out will be one step.

Making the code back into source will be a completely different step.

Depending on how complex it is, it might be easiest to just rewrite it from scratch and be done with it.

Mashimaro7 likes this.
  3. mgear

mgear

if they permissions to do so, then there are many unity decompilers around, also ILSpy can show scripts for non-il2cpp builds at least..

Mashimaro7 likes this.
  4. Mashimaro7

Mashimaro7

Okay... Hmm, assets are not a huge deal. I think they can just send me the assets. I'll have a look into the actual game, I haven't really tried it out myself, just trying to figure out how to decompile it... Scripts and scene data is the biggest part, but if i have to i can try rebuilding the scene, I'd prefer not to rebuild all the scripts... Ah, but I'll try posting there, thanks.

That might suffice, if i have no way of getting the scene data... The client told me none of the data is encrypted, or rather, the person who asked him to do this told him that haha. It's convoluted. I'm pretty certain this is a student of his or a fellow teacher that asked him to get the source files out of the already built game.

If you saw the game, it's not super complicated. But rebuilding the scene might be a pain.

Edit: Oh, I can't seem to find the modding community. How do i find them? haha