Search Unity

Decent C# Jump Script

Discussion in 'Physics' started by fbarboza, Jun 18, 2017.

1. fbarboza

fbarboza

Greetings,

I'm new in Unity and I unsuccessfully tried to create a decent jump script, then I looked at google, forums, hundreds of tutorials, Unity Asset store and haven't found anything that could be trully used in a 2D platform game.
    All examples that I saw are very superficial, all scripts doesn't check if you are colliding with the Sprite's foot or head, for example, if you jump and hit the head in a plank, it will be considered as a collision and will be able to make another jump.
    Another thing that I'm looking for is a Jump script that makes you jump in the direction that you are moving without let you move the sprite in the air.
    If anyone knows where I could find a good Rigidbody2D jump script or a nice Script library, paid or not, I would be very glad.

Regards,

Fabio

2. methos5k

methos5k

I could try to describe some ideas for you, but maybe instead..

There is a standard asset for a 2d platformer character .. look for that & check it out? :) Maybe it'll be exactly what you want, or maybe close enough that you can modify it to suit your needs.

fbarboza likes this.
  3. fbarboza

fbarboza

Greetings Master Methos5K,

I continued my research and have found some samples looking at the Stardard Assets and as I could see my question was a very newbie question that someone that just starting in the game development , I need to confess that to create database systens are extremme simplest than games. :)
    It could be said that for the development of database systems for I'm Obi-Wan Kenobi (Not master Yoda, he is too much powerful), but for game development I'm more Jar Jar Binks. :D
    First of all, I needed to realize that a "Player Character" isn't a simple Sprite and I won't be able to create a "Rygar the Legendary Warrior" with only 10 line codes.

Thank you very much for your support!

Fabio

4. methos5k

methos5k

No problem. :) Have fun in your journey/adventure.