Search Unity

DebugPlus, draw gizmos and write text on screen in a single line

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by methusalah999, Mar 7, 2019.

1. methusalah999

methusalah999

demo.jpg
    DebugPlus
    You already like Debug.DrawLine and Log? You will love DebugPlus' DrawMesh, DrawSphere, LogOnScreen...

DebugPlus brings features that are missing in Unity Debug, allowing to draw gizmos and logs at run time, from anywhere in your code with a single line. Just specify a color, a duration and optionnaly a matrix.

This free and open-source asset is in beta on Github, you are welcome to report any issue in the github issue page. It will be released on the asset store when beta testing is done.

A demo scene is available to showcase things.

Gizmos
    Gizmos are powerfull for debugging, but Unity Debug only offers Line and Ray. DebugPlus adds all built-in gizmos:
    • DrawCube
    • DrawSphere
    • DrawMesh
    • DrawIcon
    • etc.
    Examples:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. DebugPlus.DrawWireSphere(transform.position, 1, Color.blue);
    2. DebugPlus.DrawCube(transform.position, new Vector3(1, 2, 1), Color.red, duration: 10);
    Log on screen
    Console logs are sweet, but sometimes it's more convienent to write things directly on the screen. Inspired by Unreal Engine 4, DebugPlus LogOnScreen let you write your logs with color and duration on the top left corner of your GUI.

Examples:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. DebugPlus.LogOnScreen("motion " + debugMotion, Color.green, 0);
    2. DebugPlus.LogOnScreen("An excpetion occured during played update : " + e.Message, Color.red, 10);
    Note : on the first call to LogOnScreen, DebugPlus will create a special canvas that could mess with your existing GUI. Please report issues.

Planned features
    DrawArrow, DrawDisc, DrawText at a world position... I'm open to suggestions.

GilbertoBitt likes this.
  2. methusalah999

methusalah999

I'm looking for beta testers for that little asset before release, especially to get feedback about the canvas dedicated to LogOnScreen feature (I wonder that it could mess with user's GUI).

If you guys could test it and give feedback, I would love you for eons.

GilbertoBitt likes this.
  3. GilbertoBitt

GilbertoBitt

i think would be easy if you make the github repository into a package to add on the package manager.

4. methusalah999

methusalah999

Agreed, but I'm currently submitting the asset on the store, so it won't ba a problem soon enough.

Have you tried it, do you like it? Each feedback is important ^^

GilbertoBitt likes this.
  5. Develax

Develax

Looks great! I'll start using it.

methusalah999 likes this.