Search Unity

Third Party Debugging PlayFab and Photon

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by aer0ace, Mar 22, 2017.

1. aer0ace

aer0ace

How do you debug PlayFab and Photon? Especially CloudScript?

I'm having a hell of a time figuring out how to debug this.
    I do get output from the Unity console, about errors, but they're usually not very informative.

For example:

I call CreateTurnbasedRoom(), and get "Create failed on GameServer...."

The default cloud script handlers.RoomCreated function is hit on the server side, but all it does is call UpdateUserStatistics() and RoomJoined().

I want to add shared group creation code, so I looked at JohnTube's memory code here:
    https://github.com/JohnTube/MemoryDemoCloudScript/blob/master/MemoryDemo.js

I'm not expecting it to work the first time, but I would expect a decent way to debug.

I tried including lines like:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. log.debug("hello")
    But I don't know where this outputs to. I can't find anywhere in the PlayFab dashboard, nor does it print to the Unity console. Nor do I know if there is a log file it's written to, and/or that I have access to.

I'm pretty frustrated with this process right now. I have to admit of the PlayFab support that I've seen, those guys are quite good and responsive, but the documentation online is so fragmented and disjointed, it's hard to put everything together, for someone who's not already familiar with web-based online programming.

2. Kamil-Says

Kamil-Says

Hey there, did you try log.info() instead of debug?

3. aer0ace

aer0ace

Not yet, but still, where would I expect to see the output? Unity console? PlayFab manager? A log file somewhere? Where does it go?

EDIT:
    Okay, I just tried log.info(), and still, I don't see any output anywhere. I wish the Playfab documentation would tell you where it outputs.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017