Search Unity

Debug symbols for assembly Mono.Cecil could not be loaded correctly

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by TimothyGrant, Oct 12, 2018.

1. TimothyGrant

TimothyGrant

So after about six weeks away from development work due to a cross country-move, I finally got my new office setup and resumed work on my project. Seeing updates to ECS I updated ECS only to start receiving the following errors:

Feature `out variable declaration' cannot be used because it is not part of the C# 6.0 language specification

One of the suggestions I found for resolving the above was to install the newest Incremental Compiler (which I didn't have previously installed) So I did, and now I get errors when debugging with Rider that look like this:

10:51 AM    Debug symbols for assembly Mono.Cecil could not be loaded correctly. Mono runtime doesn't  support full pdb

10:51 AM Debug symbols for assembly Mono.Cecil.Mdb could not be loaded correctly. Mono runtime doesn't support full pdb

When I try and remove ECS and the Incremental compiler I return to receiving the original `out variable declaration` error.

2. eizenhorn

eizenhorn

Which version of Unity? 2018? And you set Scripting Runtime Version to .NET 4.x Equivalent?

3. TimothyGrant

TimothyGrant

Hey! I've seen your posts on Reddit!

2018.2.11.f1

and yes, runtime is set to .NET 4.x Equivalent.

4. eizenhorn

eizenhorn

Hmmm your scripting backend in settings - Mono not IL2CPP?

5. TimothyGrant

TimothyGrant

Here are all those settings:

upload_2018-10-12_12-9-17.png

6. eizenhorn

eizenhorn

7. julian-moschuering

julian-moschuering

Previously entities had a dependancy on incremental compile, now you have to add it manually. 2018.3 doesn't need it as it is using the Roslyn compiler with c# 7.x instead of the mono compiler.

The Cecil error just means you are not able to debug the Cecil library which you probably don't want to do.

eizenhorn likes this.
  8. TimothyGrant

TimothyGrant

As far as I can tell I can't do any debugging, my break points are ignored.