Search Unity

1. New Unity Live Help updates. Check them out here!

Dismiss Notice

Debug Stack Leak?? How To Fix It?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by MrZeker, Apr 11, 2019.

1. MrZeker

MrZeker

hello i've been working in unity, and suddenly last night i got a random froze and i started getting this error. it does nothing, except it stops the IA from running, sort of. i looked into in it in google but it only appears in older unity versions as a possible bug. Any idea what causes it? or how to fix it?.

Internal: Stack allocator ALLOC_TEMP_THREAD has unfreed allocations, size 390
    DEBUG_STACK_LEAK in StackAllocator.h. This will output the callstacks of the leaked allocations

2. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

If you can, please file a bug report with a reproduction case. Maybe the/a bug regressed, maybe it is completely separate.

3. MrZeker

MrZeker

I followed what google said and just ignored it until it dissapeared.
    Two or three days after it appeared it just dissapeared, i dont really remember if i changed something or just went away on his own. sorry.

4. armnotstrong

armnotstrong

We have this same issue, after changing from .net3 -> .net4

we are using Unity 2018.4.4 LTS

5. Baste

Baste

6. TSWessel

TSWessel

We're getting similar errors and warnings:

⯃ Expanding invalid MinMaxAABB
    ⯃ Converting invalid MinMaxAABB
    ⚠ Internal: Stack allocator ALLOC_TEMP_THREAD has unfreed allocations, size -131928686
    ⚠ To Debug, enable the define: DEBUG_STACK_LEAK in StackAllocator.h. This will output the callstacks of the leaked allocations

We have tracked down the issue, and in our case it is caused by a particle sub emitter having too low of a Max Particles setting. A bug report with minimal repro has been sent to Unity.

If you have the same issue, try increasing the Max Particles setting of any particle sub emitters.

We have reproduced the issue in:
    2018.4.7f1
    2018.4.9f1
    2019.1.14f1

It doesn't reproduce in:
    2019.2.6f1

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  7. TSWessel

TSWessel

unityunity