Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Debug.Log not being written to the player.log after the beggining of a Build play time

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Nydergond, Oct 10, 2023.

1. Nydergond

Nydergond

I have been trying to find the reason why my Debug.log commands don't seem to be written on my player.log file during my builds. In my editor it works fine, but in the build it runs until a certain point and then it does not log anything else. I am trying to solve this problem for sometime, since I am having some other problems that accour only in my builds and not in the editor and I was trying to debug them.

It seems like anything in the Awake or Start method at the first frame of the game is Debuged correctly accorint to my test, anything past the first frame does not get logged.

I tried using the debugger too and that generated a warning at the console about the profilling running out of memory. I have no idea if that is related to the problem but this is the warning message:

"Stopping profiler. Profiler is not able to flush data to a file or socket and exceeded maximum allowed memory for buffering.
    Please use Profiler.maxUsedMemory API or -profiler-maxusedmemory command line parameter to increase maximum allowed memory usage.
    Using 134234112 bytes while Profiler.maxUsedMemory is 134217728 bytes."

Here is a print from my build settings:
    upload_2023-10-10_4-15-5.png

I tried unchecking the Autoconnect Profiller and the Script Debugging options to see if anything would change but nothing changed. The only thing that happened is that the console in the editor with the auto connected profiller dind't debug warning the message about the lack of memory.

My Unity version is 2021.3.2f1. My PC is a 16gb RAM / RTX 3060/ AMD Ryzen 7 5700 G.
    The file attached to the post is the player.log file from my last build playtest.

Thx in advance.

Attached Files: