Search Unity

Debug.Log Error

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by xathos, Jun 30, 2010.

1. xathos

xathos

Hi, I've been using Unity for ~10 months or so (and it's worked fine), but I just recently got the strangest error.

I was working on a RTS project, and I got a small error while I was working on a unit selection script. I added some Debug.Log code to try to trace the error back; when I ran the game however, it only popped up once on my console, though I'm sure that the event it was tracking (lmb down) should have occurred more than just once.

Anyways, I traced it back still further, and stuck a line of Debug.Log code on the first line of my Update function, which was supposed to print "Update!" every time the function was called. However, I ran the game and it printed "Update!" only once.

My game still runs fine however, except for a few unresolved bugs. Obviously, the Update function must be running as normal, so I'm wondering if I either broke my Unity console somehow, or accidentally toggled some hidden option. It's probably the latter, so I guess I'll head off to the docs, but any help/advice would be really appreciated.

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Turn off "collapse" in the console.

--Eric

3. xathos

xathos

Ah, thanks. I thought it had to be something like that...