Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Debug Keystore missing in Facebook Unity SDK

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by jmansa, Nov 18, 2016.

1. jmansa

jmansa

I am going crazy,

I am about to build an update for my app, but when trying to build I get an error telling me that I am missing the debug keystore for facebook?!?

I am using Unity 5.4.2 and the newest Facebook SDK 7.9 for Unity on a Mac.

I have seen that others has run into this issue earlier and they found a fix by changing the path in the FacebookAndroidUtil.cs file:

http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/596752/android-debug-keystore-file-is-missing.html

But... In the FacebookSDK 7.9 this file doesn't exists?!?!?

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this? I am really hoping for help in this matter and thanks in advance :)

2. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

3. PNUMIA-Rob

PNUMIA-Rob

@jmansa

If you are using Windows 7+ you should be able to find the debug.keystore in %userprofile%\.android\

But as you said you are using Mac so that doesn't help all that much, but it does show that the debug.keystore is in the AndroidSDK settings folder, so that may be helpful to you.

Hope it does help, I know this was a PITA for us when we first ran across it.

4. MaxKMadiath

MaxKMadiath

Can you please tell me how to do this in detail please.

5. mbrindic

mbrindic

Hi @MaxKMadiath, the error is about debug.keystore file, because file is missing.
    If you are using Android Studio, you need to create blank project which will create debug.keystore file in %userprofile%\.android\

6. Legacycz

Legacycz

Thanks, this did the trick on Mac OS High Sierra with Unity 2018.2.2 and Facebook SDK 7.11.1.

Metamulti likes this.
  7. yuriythebest

yuriythebest

Hi Guys! So I'm at a loss, I've been banging my head against the wall for the last day and a half and can't get past the "Your android debug keystore file is missing" part fbID.jpg

I'm using Win10, Unity 2020.1.3, facebook-unity-sdk-11.0.0

I downloaded openSSL and added it to the Paths system variable C:\Program Files\OpenSSL-Win64

I've used Unity to create new keystores, calling them "debug.keystore", with the alias "androiddebugkey" and password "android" and placed them in every place I could imagine, including
    C:\Users\user\.android
    C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0202\bin\
    C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0202\bin\.android\

but the error doesn't go away

When I build unity after creating the androidManifest using facebook's "Regenerate Android Manifest" button, the app crashes instantly when launching with the error

Code (CSharp):
    1. java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.facebook.FacebookContentProvider" on
    Isn't there some simple way to get access to facebook's features? This seems like it's supposed to be simple but it feels like I'm solving some riddle from ancient egypt or Myst(Tm)

8. yuriythebest

yuriythebest

After more trial and error and searching I tried this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. keytool -exportcert -alias androiddebugkey -keystore “C:\Users\user\.android\debug.keystore| "C:\OpenSSL-Win64\bin\openssl.exe" sha1 -binary | "C:\OpenSSL-Win64\bin\openssl.exe" base64
    and I got the "hash" thing, but still getting the same error as before that the keystore ain't been found keystoreNotFound.jpg

9. sohaib_qadri

sohaib_qadri

Hi, were you able to fix this issue?
    Can you please share the solution?

10. TeohRIK

TeohRIK

for anyone who here because of top result from Google

The easiest solution to generate a debug.keystore is to create an empty unity android project and build an APK with development build, then the Android SDK will auto generate a Debug Keystore

11. VGMFR

VGMFR

Thank you for this! The best answer to avoid struggling with path depending on your OS / OS version.

12. daibutsu

daibutsu

In case you're still looking for an answer and building clean project is not a solution:

1. Go to your folder where debug key should be stored C:\Users\userName\.android\
    2. Open CMD as Administrator
    3. In CMD keytool -genkey -v -keystore debug.keystore -storepass android -alias androiddebugkey -keypass android -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000

You need the keytool to be installed first.

It's the answer from the other resource, but not usre if it is allowed to paste links here.