Search Unity

Dealing with new style .aar's that have ${applicationId} in their AndroidManifest.xml

Discussion in 'Android' started by seaders, Jan 19, 2016.

1. AbandonedCart

AbandonedCart

I did includes the specific date of the build I was using and it was recent. Whatever was fixed long ago appears to be a similar, but unrelated issue.

The error happens in Unity editor, but that should have been implied by stating the Unity version first.

The report is for Android Plugin Version 3.1.1 (and verified against 3.1.2), which are significantly outdated. It attempts to use the applicationId for packageName. There are special considerations for the packageName that may have different results than items that reference it, such as providers. I encountered the (Unity-specific) issue with providers.

The fact remains that Unity was unable to parse an applicationId in an aar file that did not present an issue in Android Studio. You may not want to rely on a fix for that Android issue fixing Unity.

2. Yury-Habets

Yury-Habets

Unity Technologies

Please submit a bug report if you think this is an unrelated issue. Make sure to attach a repro project with steps to reproduce. Thanks!

3. tianlcna

tianlcna

Thanks very much,My problem seems to have been solved