Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Deadly Venoms - arcade-style brawler influenced by 80s Kung Fu movies & Hiphop

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by dlmrky, Sep 27, 2015.

1. dlmrky

dlmrky

Hi all,
    we're gearing up to a Kickstarter/Greenlight and I just wanted to share some of the progress so far:

Parallax Scene Test: Metro XX

Deadly Venoms
    is an Arcade-style brawler influenced by 80s Kung Fu movies and Hip-hop. Battle waves of street punks/undead ninjas/flaming skull heads and roundhouse kick your way through 10 levels of fast paced, hard as Chuck Norris, gameplay. Featuring arcade quality pixel art and a funkyass soundtrack from top videogame musicians such as Eirik Shurke (Spelunky/Hotline Miami). Deadly Venoms is heart pumping retro arcade action mixed with modern console-level replay value. Currently in development for PC/Mac and Sony Vita.

FEATURES
    • Drop down mechanic: clear the waves, defeat the boss - drop straight down into the next stage & continue the fight!
    • Retro Arcade look and feel: a homage to late 80s/early 90s Arcade classics such as Double Dragon, Ghouls N Ghosts, Kung Fu Master.
    • Modern console style gameplay: level up characters with in-game experience or dojo training mini-games. Unlock achievements. Compete for online high scores.
    • Retro Arcade look and feel: a homage to late 80s/early 90s Arcade classics such as Double Dragon, Ghouls N Ghosts, Kung Fu Master.
    • Dynamic Soundtrack: get hit & down to your last HP? The Hip-hop track turns off the music & bass and strips down to just the drums for dramatic effect. Grab the HP power up & the bass & music gets added back to the mix.
    • Arcade/Platform style puzzle elements per stage: each stage has a simple puzzle to unlock. Complete all the stages puzzles to unlock a bonus stage.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  2. dlmrky

dlmrky

Parallax Scene Test: City Cemetery

XCO and Mister-D like this.
  3. XCO

XCO

LUV the ART style :D

4. brute-

brute-

Looks cool so far. Are you planning on multiplayer for this? One of the best things in Double-Dragons was 2-player combos. And standing on both sides of a bad guy and beating him senseless :)

5. Darkays

Darkays

I have to agree with @XCO, really nice art style! I feel like the middle layer should move a tad bit (not much) faster. It looks really far away than the images suggest.

6. dlmrky

dlmrky

Thanks! Yes, you're on to something - I'll bump the speed up on the layer a bit.

7. dlmrky

dlmrky

Yep, local co-op should be fine. We'll add it as a stretch goal for now to our Kickstarter which has just launched:

http://kck.st/1OCuwL3

8. Darkays

Darkays

Congrats on releasing your Kickstarter! I will definitely help spread the news!

The gameplay included in the video looks solid, love the variety of character so far as well. The music is on point, especially considering the list of guest musician on this project I can't wait to hear what they come up with. Well done guys!