Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Deadly Harvest - A physics based zombie sandbox

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Swearsoft, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Swearsoft

Swearsoft

A pet project of mine that blossomed from my work on a zombie pack, check out a small video here:

As I was playing around with my prototype I thought of setting the game in a rural area, with a farm and barn. The player would use tools found in the map to fight the zombies. My plans include the tools being breakable and also repairable.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  2. primus88

primus88

I gave you my feedback regarding the models in the model thread.
    I am here for the game title which is a very good name. Has so many meanings while being true to the games idea and setting.

Nice!

3. Swearsoft

Swearsoft

Thanks!

4. newb_quest

newb_quest

I like the feel of the level a lot, the rolling hills in the distance, bright daylit settings and then the zombies, made it a bit more scary than your usual dark foggy area.

I found it a bit weird that the zombies were all black, but maybe that's just me being hypersensitive.

I would also raise the gravity a little, the silliness of having them go flying sort of undermines the scariness of it.

I think if you could come up with a few cool mechanics to make this a fun loop that progresses a bit it could be a cool, focused small game. Nice work man! What about some other farm mechanics? Grow food and fight zombies? Kinda kidding kinda not. Would be good to have something to distract you from zombie killing so that they can get closer and be a bit more dangerous.

And I also like the title.

5. ZJP

ZJP

ahahah!! Fun .... :D

6. im

im

nice but physics/ragdoll is a bit off. perhaps making it more realistic. you cant just fling bodies like that with shovel. also making limbs hack off.

take a look at the dead linger and 7 days to die. i guess infestation survival story (warz) and dayz as well.

good luck and post updates

7. TonyNowak

TonyNowak

The Dead Linger is the worst example to give, period.

8. Swearsoft

Swearsoft

No chance I'm going to change the ragdoll properties, sorry.

9. Swearsoft

Swearsoft

that's what I want.

10. Swearsoft

Swearsoft

The build only had the black skin working, already taken care of, don't worry.

I'm sorry, it's not supposed to be scary. During the night the zombies will become faster and it will be more difficult to fight them off though. Generally during the day you will be able to experiment with the zombies.

Farm equipment and machinery will be in the mix. Finding food, water, gas etc is also part of the plan.

Glad you like it.