Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Deadline Runner [Android] [iOS] [UWP]

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Seven_P, May 29, 2016.

1. Seven_P

Seven_P

Hello fellow developers, let me introduce one of my first project that I actually finished. It was a pretty hard way if to consider in the past, I was electrical engineer and all my game dev experience was map generation in Heroes of might and Magic :D.

About game:

Deadline runner is an endless arcade 2D game where your main task is to hold as long as possible. Collect crystals, avoid obstacles and you will hit the Top! Steampunk style and platform switching make this game look different from other similar games. Also, there is "family tree" which basically is level system that provides unique abilities with every unlocked ancestor.

Download Links:
    Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freakysoft.deadlinerunner
    Windows: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh5hql4
    iOS: Coming in June

Features:
    Awesome characters to play with
    Achievements and Ladders!
    Play daily and get rewards for your loyalty
    More you play more cool features will unlock
    Ancestors grants special abilities
    Tap on the right side to jump, on the left side to switch

nini.dhia.eddine likes this.
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Good job on having different animations for each character. Some games you see a lot of different character skins but they all use the same animation set - so it's just window dressing.

Seven_P and nini.dhia.eddine like this.
  3. nini.dhia.eddine

nini.dhia.eddine

It's awesome!! Gameplay video on youtube looks amazing!! I'll try it as soon as I'm home! :)

Seven_P likes this.
  4. Seven_P

Seven_P

Thank you my friend, your words like a pill for my soul) I am 100% agree with you that's why I'm trying to make all characters unique even in runner game :D

5. Seven_P

Seven_P

Great to hear that you like it, I hope you won't get disappointed :D

6. Seven_P

Seven_P

For the past few weeks I did some work and updated both performance and content a word about performance, according to profile I had 2 major problems one was connected with textures and second with particles both were influencing mobile performance greatly. As I'm waiting for the 5.4 Unity release (were particles should be more optimized) I majorly decreased particles "quality" so they won't impact gameplay so much. Second problem was fixed after turning off 32 bit buffer. Now I have smooth 60 fps even on low end devices.

Now about content I've added new character called "Elven Queen" below is some animations and screenshots, I had some criticism about her boobs animation that this is sexism but come on she is tiny on the screen...

#Idle Animation

#Shop View

#in-Game

Also I have finished Machine power up:
    #Starting Animation

#in-Game

About future plans, I'm working on iOS release and quest system :D
    Cheers!

theANMATOR2b likes this.