Search Unity

1. Full schedule for #UniteBerlin is now available! Featuring talks on our roadmap, hands-on labs and much more! Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.1 has arrived! Read about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Scriptable Render Pipeline improvements, Texture Mipmap Streaming, and more! Check out what we have in store for you in the 2018.2 Beta.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Dead Zone for position, not rotation

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by v2-Ton-Studios, May 17, 2018.

1. v2-Ton-Studios

v2-Ton-Studios

I'm working on a 2.5D (I guess you'd call it) game -- 3D camera, but 2D sprites -- and recently decided to switch over to Cinemachine.

The documentation notes that the X and Y Deadzone applies to camera rotation, but I'd like it to effect position and leave rotation alone.

I especially want this for jump. When I jump up and down and don't change surfaces (i.e. general ground position) I don't want the camera to move at all.

I've tried a number of different configurations but nothing seems to work. The camera will always track my position.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

1. Use the Framing Transposer in the Body instead of the Transposer, and put Do Nothing in Aim. That will stop the camera from rotating.
    2. Give the Framing Transposer the required dead zone

3. v2-Ton-Studios

v2-Ton-Studios

Thanks for the replay @Gregoryl, but using Framing Transposer causes my camera to stop follow the player's character. It remains static -- simply framing the scene.

What am I missing?

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Make sure you put your player as the Follow target

5. v2-Ton-Studios

v2-Ton-Studios

Got it... seems you also have to set LookAt to null / empty.

Last edited: May 18, 2018 at 1:38 AM