Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Build games and experiences that can load instantly and without install. Explore the Project Tiny Preview today!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Dead/soft zone gizmos not showing in the game view.

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by BadWolfWagner, Oct 12, 2018.

1. BadWolfWagner

BadWolfWagner

I imported Cinemachine, via package manager, to a brand new project.
    It's working perfectly but the gizmos for the dead zone, (blue) soft zone and (red) hard zone aren't appearing in the game view window. They work fine if edited in the inspector but actually seen the zones in the screen really helps.

I even tried to open old projects where everything was ok and they are not showing any more.
    The last time I used was a few updates and I'm currently with Unity 2018.2.11f1.

Is this a know issue with the new version of Unity or the new version of Cinemachine, or have I set up something wrongly?

2. PGJ

PGJ

I assume that Game Window Guides is checked. Are the gizmos enabled in your Game view?

3. BadWolfWagner

BadWolfWagner

Yes, they are.

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

What about this? Is this checked?

upload_2018-10-15_12-51-19.png

BadWolfWagner likes this.
  5. BadWolfWagner

BadWolfWagner

Sorry I took so long to reply. I've been too busy and haven't worked in this project in that past weeks.

Anyway, yes. It is checked.

I ended up finding out that they appear but only in play mode. Using "save during play" I can work with that just fine, but shouldn't they show up out of play mode too?

6. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Yes they should show up outside of play mode too. Could it be that you have another Camera that's active when not in play mode?