Search Unity

dead inside

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by JoshGallagher, Jan 13, 2013.

1. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

I can see it but if this is what my supporters request then I will brighten it up!

2. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

3. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

Early WIPof a zombie

$Zombie1.jpg

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  4. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

Can anyone see the zombie picture ?

5. ColeChittim

ColeChittim

I can't see it. But I would like to say I'm liking the look of this game and keep up the good work. :D

6. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

Thankyou and I will sort out this error! Stay updated on development news!

7. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

New zombie WIP
    $Zombie-Face-New.jpg

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  8. Myhijim

Myhijim

Gonna need some serious normal mapping lol.

Looks good

9. svog

svog

Hahahaha thanks! i'll clean the mesh before i project anything ; )

10. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

11. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Hey there... I just saw your Zombie model on your website, and while it is a nice start, I would go back to focus on creating a proper human structure before adding details... right now, the model is not looking too convincing, and more time should be spent on getting the proper silhouette and anatomical definition... right now, the zombie looks like a melted man... the body is okay, but I would spend more time finessing it... keep this project going

12. Cheburek

Cheburek

that zombie has quite a stylish hair, what hair gel is he using? :)

13. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

14. Rob-Mills-Audio

Rob-Mills-Audio

*applause*

haters gon' hate! This project is looking good

15. eskimojoe

eskimojoe

You can create a forum or photo gallery on your weebly site (or at least what I've seen on other Weebly websites), post your pictures and news 5 (or more) places -

1) Twitter
    2) Facebook
    3) Your forum or photo gallery
    4) Unity forums.
    5) Any fan forums - such as IndieGamer, ModDb.

Hope that helps

16. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

Thanks for the information and I will definitely check out number 5 websites!

17. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

Hello guys!

I'm posting to share a little but big update...Its all about the zombie AI and its up and running! Its a very unique system that has a lot of features that make it work like a real zombie! I'm disclosing all the information about certain components that are used in the AI as they're making this AI so superior!

Thank you

18. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

19. svog

svog

I've started the head of the zombie again, now it has more human proportions and features, hope you like it!!! : )

Zombie-WIP

20. Khyrid

Khyrid

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  21. dtg108

dtg108

Shotgun is not copyrighted. Plenty of companies make those. That's like saying a pistol is copyrighted.

22. svog

svog

Realtime render of the first zombie made, 1120 polys and optimizing, there are going to be a lot on screen!!!

Still cleaning the textures

23. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

I thought I would spoil you guys !
    $6zq7bn.jpeg

24. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  25. FBTH

FBTH

Didnt expect this from you guys. The zombie looks great. Keep it up

26. dtg108

dtg108

I'm pretty sure that's not true, lol. Because you can never know how many you will sell. What if you don't make enough? So now you're admitting to what Josh said you weren't doing.

Anyway, nice zombie.

27. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

You can't do that. -_- The agreement says anything made in free or pro can't be used in the other.

28. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

We're using free for the time being until we get to alpha, if we get to alpha with enough people wanting this game to be released to the best of our ability then I will get the unity licences for my team.

Also thank you, we have got a committed team that's why we have such good content.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  29. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

I have to say from my personnel knowledge that this isn't allowed because unity would be loosing a lot of money if they allowed that...basically making developers rich without unity getting any gain.

30. dtg108

dtg108

Thanks Josh for being honest. I knew that couldn't be true.

31. eskimojoe

eskimojoe

You also need to add a clause that their Pro license will be taken away from them if they leave your team. This is a standard clause. It is like you join a company and the company issues you a license. The company has the right to take it back after that person leaves since it is non-transferrable.

You need to do art tests, modelling tests, programming tests for your team so you know they are proficient and know what they are doing. Often, you get people laming around for a free license and comment-spamming your thread about this piracy issue.

PrionGames got banned from UDK, UnityTech (this forum) and other gaming forums. So if his aliases and friends disturbs you, just press the Report to Moderator button on those posts (little triangle on the left of each post).

For example, the other person commenting about piracy needs to 'police himself':
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/148149-3D-Modeler-amp-Concept-Artist-Looking-For-Work

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  32. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

There is no need to lie if I am going to do what I am saying.

33. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

So to get this right in my own mind I must provide 3dsmax pro too my two modellers and also provide 4 unity pro licences to all of my team before I release commercially?

34. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

35. eskimojoe

eskimojoe

The modeller I hired had his own license for Mudbox, Maya, 3d Max, AutoCad, Photoshop, Illustrator, DreamWeaver before he joined.
    The developers have their own private licenses. Before they joined, they already had UnityPro + Team license.

It would be cheaper for you to get competent people to join your project. Then you just buy UnityPro+Team for yourself.
    You should meet around, look around for good people.

If you feel the Unity Team add-on is not worth the cost, you can use SVN or private GitHub http://www.github.com/ or Bitbucket http://www.bitbucket.com/

The two most important people are the developer and modeller:
    - The developer should be able to code well and do it correctly.
    - The modeller should be able to optimize the terrain and models so well that you do not need UnityPro. Just think about that statement.

There's a small Shadow Gun demo level. Learn from it how they do it. You'll be surprised.
    http://blogs.unity3d.com/2012/03/23/shadowgun-optimizing-for-mobile-sample-level/

36. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

WIP of the main protagonist
    $MainFace.jpg
    Early WIP! More updates to come.

37. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

$Main-Character-Head.jpg

Terrible quality... I will upload a new one ASAP

38. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

Full view of WIP protagonist

$MainBody.jpg

39. dtg108

dtg108

Looks good Josh! Just PMd.

40. dtg108

dtg108

I also like the look of the protagonist, he's got a rough apocalyptic feel.

41. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

Thanks, our character modeller is a very important part as he makes wonderful art.

42. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

Updated WIP of protagonist

$Main Character.jpg

43. UnknownProfile

UnknownProfile

Looking very good, Josh. It may just be the shadow, but it seems as if there is a strange curvature to the neck, almost as if it curves too much and becomes thin in the middle. It's a bit hard to describe. Also, the model looks a little too symmetrical, like the creases in the pants for example. Other than that you have done a very good job. What's the poly count, if you don't mind my asking?

44. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

Thanks for the kind words and the symmetry will have variations of curves and also the poly count is 1500 around that .

45. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Not too shabby, but I would want you to spend a bit more time on this model... right now there are several things that scream at me for more attention to detail.

-- The boots look VERY malformed... I would spend time tweaking the shape of the boots and workout more of it's detail... including things like creases from repeated walking... as well as the grommets for the laces; they need to be smaller. Use some real world references of boots for this part.

-- The pants right now, though you have the right idea, they need to be further detailed with wrinkles and folds in the right places, such as the back of the knees. Maybe add some damage to it, since this character exists in a post-apocalyptic world...Same for the shirt.

-- The face is definitely looking nice! I love where this is going, but at the current stage, you can push more of the details, maybe do the hair as a separate model... and really get in there and detail the crap out of this guy. At 1500 tris, I know you could push WAY more detail into this sculpt. Also his neck feels too long...

46. MGD

MGD

Wow the character model looks amazing.

47. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

Thanks Neptune Imaging, our modeler is trying his hardest to work on the model to get it looking good as its at a good stage now, also he told me last night that he was taking it back into zbrush to add more detail e.g. wear on boots and more creases. I'm sure he will take into account what you have said as your a very good modeler.

48. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

Thanks MGD! Hope yo follow the project.

49. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I look forward to seeing these changes... also try to relax the model a bit...

50. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

Don't worry its an early WIP !