Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

dead inside

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by JoshGallagher, Jan 13, 2013.

1. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

Hello everyone!

Our website is currently being made and we are using weebly as an alternative until its finished
    check it out: http://sector7games.weebly.com/ and take part in the poll on the home screen!

About Us:
    I'm glad to announce that Sector7Games has started development of a new zombie survival game "Dead Inside". We are currently two months into the development and we are hoping to release the alpha in three to five months. I've decided to announce our game this early so we can receive feedback on our current progress and also to find out what the public want in the game. Our website will be up shortly where we will be putting up multiple servers to attract attention to our company and to build a fan base for our game so please stay tuned on updates!

Sector7GamesLogo (NewOneComingSoon)
    http://forum.unity3d.com/images/styl...attach/jpg.gif

MainMenu:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/images/styl...attach/jpg.gif

I will be posting other images of models and the main menu in the near future!

Story Mode:
    The story starts off in the town complex where the main playable character is first seen. Previously a week ago there was a news flash of some people acting suspiciously and attacking people for no reason but you take no notice and carry on until a news flash pops up on the t.v saying "lock your doors, bored up your windows, get a gun and sit tight..." you tell your wife to lock all the doors and take your daughter up stairs and wait until you get back. You get in your truck to go to the store to pick up some rounds for your 44. magnum as you enter the shop the shop keeper is no where to be found so you take the bullets and leave the cash on the counter and get in your truck to go home. On your way home you see people walking around the streets and you don't hesitate to tell them to go inside you just carry on going. you get home and the front door is open and blood is on the floor and your daughter is dead and your wife has been bitten! you run to find medical supplies to help your family but you have none so you try to ring the ambulance service but there is no response, another news flash comes on and says "If you are around dead people who have been bitten make sure you destroy the brain to stop them from coming back and also if you are bitten there is no way to cure you" after hearing the news you break down into tears because you know either way you will have to put a bullet into your families head. You say to your wife " I love you" as you shoot her in the head then you stand up with tears pouring out of your eyes and look at your daughter and pull the trigger...ever since that day when that happened he hasn't been the same, he's been dead inside.

Game Modes:
    Survival Mode
    Multiplayer(Online)
    Story Mode

Thankyou and please post some ideas that we can follow, also if you want to criticize please use constructive criticism. $deadinside.jpg $Sector7GamesLogo2.jpg

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  2. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

3. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

I will start adding images of models on here! still visit our website for exclusive news!
    $test1.jpg $test5.jpg

4. Python-Blue

Python-Blue

This looks interesting. Personally, I think the materials and textures could use a little improvement, but since you're apparently early in development, that's alright for now.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

I think it'd be really cool if you stick with the cartoony art style! It sort of looks a little too dark for the house model, but from what I can tell, it's stylized in a very cool way!

6. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

The buildings aren't textured as its early dev!

7. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

Also the building is deliberately in a dark place to show the windows, look on the website for more detailed pics!

8. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

9. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

tripple post and....

c-c-c-combo-breaker

10. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

$glock.jpg $glock.jpg

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  11. Zed3D

Zed3D

Awesome :) So, you're modelling everything on your own? That's awesome :D I only have one modeller at the moment. Could do with more xD!

12. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

Updated Glock 19
    $glock_lowpoly.png

13. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

Finished Tec 9

$Tec-9_textured.png

14. Python-Blue

Python-Blue

15. tapanui

tapanui

yes indeed

16. adrenak

adrenak

I had a similar plot in my mind for my zombie game, a playwright being in a car accident and waking up after months of coma into a zombie epidemic, later I completely changed it however... You have a good team listed on the website, best of luck with the project, I have this one bookmarked and am waiting to see some videos... :)

17. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

Thankyou vastalAtFEI we are working hard to get this to AAA game, also videos will be coming soon!

18. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

19. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

20. SevenBits

SevenBits

Here I am to throw a loop in your plan. You listed on your website:

That is not allowed. All members of your team must use Unity Pro if any one member has it.

21. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

is there a free version of photoshop? :)
    also, all stuff that is made with a student version can't be used in a commercial game.

22. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

Why? I haven't seen anything to say I have to or any of the team need too.

23. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

Why?

24. Ereous

Ereous

Heard that ps2 is free now.

25. Prion Games

Prion Games

It is in fine print and even a thread on here somewhere where it was explained before. You need all to have Pro, or all of you need to use FREE VERSION! Playing with the trials is one thing, but game cannot be released to the public or even yourselves in a cracked version, trial version, and or only one of you have full version. It is simply not allowed.

I saw your teams list and I know a couple of them and they should more than know this.

26. Louchein

Louchein

JoshGallagher,

I'm impressed with your teams work. I personally have a hard time finding anyone who knows how to accurately model weapons, and architecture. Though, I have had the fortune of meeting these types of people in the past. Hold onto them. Zombie games seem to be on a rampage right now, and while I think the premise for each is clear I don't think many have had quite an impact on the quality of their titles as only a very few have. That being said I believe content quality, and not quantity will be good for you, and your team. I understand you're still in early development. This is good.

If you will, please take into consideration the following. While I am a new member, I am however, not new to the independent game development scene. Well... I'm new, just, only I'm coming from a purely artistic viewpoint as far as content is concerned.

Anyways, I've lurked for many years, been involved with many small projects that always end up bellying up. One of the main reasons is because they never listen to the community. I know in the last few posts people have been pointing out the issue that your team isn't using the same version each. Listen to what they have to say, and allow them, and yourself to express yourselves in a proper fashion.

If you will, here are my points on the issue.

When I worked on a small team about 2 years ago we each had a different version of the same game engine. While many of us had a free version, the lead of the project had a paid version of the product. The only reason many of us on the team had the free version was because we wanted to be able to import our own content after we had completed it so one person didn't have to test every single model, texture, and animation. So, while I understand why members of your team may have different versions of Unity in regards to pricing, I don't quite understand why you have different, previous versions of Unity. You should all be using 4.0 +.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  27. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

28. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

29. Python-Blue

Python-Blue

Nice pics! Can't stop thinking of Terminator 1 with the upper image. XDD

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  30. Prion Games

Prion Games

"Software we use As an indie game company we don't have a huge budget.All members of the team have pro programs e.g. Unity4 Pro and Maya.

Software:
    Unity4 (pro version)
    Autodesk Maya (pro version)
    3DSMax (pro version)
    PhotoshopCs5.5 (pro version)"

WOW! You guys had over 3k for Maya, another 3k+ for 3DS Max? Plus Everyone has $1500 pro licenses? You guys are rocking the money.................

Sadly it is a lie as I am looking at the above models and the quality is pure moderate at best, and a few days ago you guys had no Pro Licenses. An Admin can easily verify this for us. having the trial is fine to play with but you guys do not have pro paid for let alone 3DS Max and Maya, student versions are not full versions for commercial use.

You also cannot use "TM" in your logo, that is illegal. You are not trade marked. Not even registered. So you can be classified as a copyright at best.

$s7g_fraud.jpg

Forget to also mention a domain name is like $10 or less. :) Cheers!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  31. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

It's funny you talk about trademarks in the name when you made the logo fully knowing this, you sort of just cheated them for money unless they trademark the game. I have to agree with Prion though, pirating pro can be fine if you're just playing around but the second you go commercial you have to be legit. I'm not gonna lie I have my fair share of pirated games and software. But Unity, or anything in my pipeline is. Also not to poke at you Prion but the software you use doesn't determine your skill level, they could have 10k software and still pump out the quality they do.

32. Prion Games

Prion Games

Most people who are willing to fork out over 3k on it should be good with it? Specially when they claim to have a small budget.

33. Python-Blue

Python-Blue

......well, so much for being involved with this project. The fact that this huge controversy has been going on, let alone since I had joined Sector7, is not looking pleasant at all.....

P.S. I am not a pirate; all software I use in my commercial music was legally obtained. I am merely leaving because I don't want to be accused of being one myself.

34. Prion Games

Prion Games

Sorry if I made you quit their team but these things needed addressed. Did not make any sense to have like 10k+ dropped and the quality i was seeing. Specially when they use a weebly site and or are saying they own Unity pro licenses.

35. stefmen

stefmen

To answer this question for you yes there is a free version of photoshop
    The complete Adobe CS2 collection including photoshop CS2 is free.

36. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

don't bring this discussion here....i am not going to comment on the fail Adobe did with it as a proud CS6 owner :p

37. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

Thankyou for your constructive criticism :)

38. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

Also we don't use pirated software as that could cause major issues as you have expressed @priongames, also as a small company people have joined and have the software e.g. 3dsm because of jobs that its needed for and you can bad mouth our work but coming from a registered LLC company founder you don't really make amazing models with your pro programs. :) so please don't come on this thread with your arrogant attitude and implying that we use cracked software.

39. CampersStudios

CampersStudios

Why couldn't you buy a domain name them if you could afford 10K+?

40. Prion Games

Prion Games

I don't model bud. I do amateur modeling :) But I do not share my models with the public yet as I am not quite to the level I want to be. I however do GUI/UI, web design, logo design, and have many happy customers here on Unity. But I also have a paid for Silo 2 license and Fully paid for Photoshop CS6!

I have had ups and downs on Unity but never did I stress the fact I paid 10k+ for software and tried to claim it is all legit yet have a free hosting/web builder? Sorry but no matter the way you cut it it sounds like bullshit.

Bullshit however would not cover it, horseshit sounds much more fitting as I feel it produces a much larger pile than the bull, and from what you guys are leaking out, it sounds like a rather large pile indeed.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  41. Dabeh

Dabeh

I have to agree with Prion Games with this one.

42. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

Any hard evidence on me or the team using cracked software? if not then remove yourself from this thread. I don't see where you got this cracked software from, myself and the other team members have the free version and our programmer has pro, my modeler has 3dsm pro and my other modeler has blender. I am planning to be spending 1000pound on unity pro, and if this game reaches a point where it has potential then I will be buying a further 2 more copies for the team! I am using a weebly account because I am currently building my own website and feel 10 pound would be a waste. so please throw more comments at me because I will speak in an orderly fashion to the audience and to you @prion games and will not use inappropriate language to express myself in such a way you have.

43. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

Also I will add that all software isn't owned by me but is owned by individual team members.

44. Prion Games

Prion Games

Okay so you are breaching terms of service with working with someone with pro and the rest have free? Well I stand corrected you are now going from all having pro everything to only one having pro? Why was that page also removed from your site? Seems fishy. Plus I never said you had Cracks, though I said it was more logical than your whole team having legal copies. All the models you have shown been from Blender also so where is the 3DS guys models at? You have a site in the works? Well I hope to see it soon.

You also had stated on your site you have a very limited budget? How do you plan to purchase 1000 pounds on a Pro license?

Where is your proof you have a Pro licensed programmer and legally commercial license for 3DS max on your modeler?

45. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

For one I havent released the game so no breaching the terms there.
    two you obviously have no respect on behalf of other people as you undermine their work and if you was a dev you should know that them models where made in 3dsm.
    three I have removed the page on the website as the team said that software should have been disclosed anyway.
    four I will personally send you the link to the new web so you are the first to see it.
    five I have my own job with an income so I can support my pro licenses in the future and the budget that we have already got.

@prion games anything else you have to say ?

46. Prion Games

Prion Games

You cannot work with a pro user if you have free, that does not only apply to game being released only. That is in black in white.

47. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

Ok I see that this is correct and is a problem. So I will email unity for further information on this matter to see if there is a way around it and if not I will be spending early. Actually hes making it for pro and free version so we can release it to the community!

So is there any other problems that you would like to address?

48. fbgbdk4

fbgbdk4

I think this language is unnecessary in these forums... Especially in a WIP section, where constructive criticism should be the norm...

49. JoshGallagher

JoshGallagher

Thank you for pointing out this inappropriate language!

50. FBTH

FBTH

Josh, this is very frustrating to read all of this. Im just here to say Good luck and keep on working. Also don't violate the terms it ruins it for everyone because they'll have to add more restrictions and such.